Sunday, July 3, 2011

Brad's Bangin' 80's Birthday Bash

Friday night, we celebrated Brad's birthday with an 80's party.
I raided my parents' old record and cd collections for decorations and music.
And because I never throw away anything, I went shopping around the house for 80's stuff I could use.







As for my outfit?
Well, I was originally going to wear leg warmers, but holy crap is it hot.
In 90+ weather (not to mention the humidity), I decided to skip it.
Instead I found some jeans with shredded holes in them (albeit a little too big, but whatever), an old Charlotte Hornets t-shirt, and LOTS of jewelry.
And to top it off?
I found my old crimper (and a scrunchie) at my mom's.
My hair hasn't been that big in a looooong time.
I felt like I was 8 years old again.


Brad went with a double polo, popped collar, and white pant ensemble (but had to change a couple of times, because he got really hot).



Some of our buddies didn't dress up, and that's okay. We still love them. Our friend Jess had a valid excuse, being that she's very pregnant. And of course little Alice came over to play with Noah. Except Noah kept climbing back upstairs, and I found him half asleep on the couch. Poor thing.



I could do the whole deal of posting party pics that make it look like we had a big crowd and a wild and crazy night.... but I prefer being honest.
We spent the first hour of the party with one guest.
How awesome are we??
But don't worry. Looks like 7 was a little too early for most.
After 8, people started showing up, so Brad fired up the grill.
We just had some burgers, hot dogs, and all that good stuff.

After hanging out for awhile, Brad got this idea to create a putt-putt course in our living/dining room.
I know; most of you are probably thinking this is so lame. But it was actually really fun!
Even the people that normally go to parties and expect to be entertained with alcohol (which we don't have) ended up having a blast!




Fyi... soda and Pop Rocks make you bloated.

I have to admit, Brad wasn't so crazy about me throwing the party. He loves having people over, but he always worries I'll spend too much $$. Which he may have a reason. I've been known to get a little too excited when party planning and accidentally spend $20 on glow sticks and Pop Rocks (I returned them, by the way... and ended up finding Pop Rocks 3/$1 at the dollar store). But at the end of it all, he thanked me for putting it all together.


3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

We totally were in Orlando over his bday and missed seeing it on FB! Happy Birthday Brad!!! And wish we could have been there to celebrate with yall. That 80's outfit, Hailey, is ouuuuuuut of control! Reminded me of 13 going on 30. Love that movie. You guys are awesome. Glad it was a fun party! Great to see Mo and his family there! We love them!

Charbelle said...

Looks like you did an amazing job!!! It's nice to know even if you go a little bit overboard most things are still returnable :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love it!! What a great party theme. Can i just tell you how insanely beautiful you are? Cause you ARE!