Tuesday, July 5, 2011

sleep issues. revisited. (and a birthday)

The 4th was so fun, and I'll eventually get to it. Unfortunately, the post is being delayed due to the current sleep situation in our home today.

Last night, we kept Noah up passed his bedtime so he could see fireworks. He did fine. Lately, he's been falling asleep around 10-10:30 anyway, and the fireworks started at 9:30. Anyway, he didn't get in bed until close to 11 last night. I was absolutely exhausted. I've been running myself ragged the last few days... getting up earlier than usual, fitting in decent workouts (lost!3!pounds!), planning a party, hosting a party, cleaning up after party (Brad did a lot of it. thanks babe!), having my parents over for the 4th last night, then rushing downtown (ahem... "uptown" as it's now known) to see fireworks. So yeah, it's been crazy. I figured since he'd gone to bed so late, I'd get to enjoy sleeping in a little longer.

Rise and shine at 6:30am.
uuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh.

I think he was hungry. He ate breakfast, we hung out with my sister for a little bit, then he crawled into my lap. We cuddled on the couch for a while (which is rare), he put his blanket over his eyes, and soon he was snoozing.
So he went back down around 10am.
I tried to go back to bed.
But see... I'm a terrible napper. I naturally don't take naps. But this morning, I decided to give it a try. And every single time I started to doze off, either my phone would vibrate or the garbage truck came or I'd have to pee or the dogs barked. So yeah. No nap for me.

He woke up an hour and 1/2 later and has been awake ever since.
We have a friend coming to visit tomorrow. I NEED to get the house in order, but every time I get something done, Noah coming running in like a bull in a china shop. I really could've used his normal nap today. And there's no way I was letting him sleep again, because it'd throw his schedule all off.

Yeah. So instead of a happy Independence Day post? I'm whining.

***

And just because I want to end this on a happy note...

My sis-in-law's birthday is today!! They recently moved back West, and we already miss them soooooo much. It was nice having another non-Kemper Kemper to hang out with. :)

So Happy Birthday Sara!! Love you and miss you terribly!!
Hope you had an awesome day!!

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Didnt we sign over any rights to sleep when we had kids? hahaha

Sometimes I feel like I'll never feel well rested again!

Ben and Sara said...

Oh the joys of sleeping schedules! Hopefully you can get all the stuff done that you need to :). Thanks for the birthday wishes, you are so sweet.I can't believe I'm 30...so weird! We miss you guys a lot too! Hopefully we'll see you sooner than later. If you ever need to call and chat don't hesitate to call me anytime :)

Laurin said...

My child turns into a demom after 8:30pm. We kept her up late on Saturday night to watch fireworks at the lake and she was still up by 6am. I hate crazy sleep schedules. Why do kids have endless amounts of enegry? Can't they share?