As I write this, our neighbors/friends are on their way to Hong Kong to begin a new adventure. His job is taking them to the other side of the world, which means the rest of the fam went too. And while I'm so excited and happy for them, our neighborhood has an eerie calm to it now. :)
No more "HEY GIRL!" hollars from across the street. No more kids playing basketball. No more little J hanging out at our house after school, because he forgot his key again. No more sidewalk talks or swapping craft/parenting/recipe/yard/gardening tips.
(Libby and Noah last fall)
They really were awesome neighbors. While we tend to be the antisocial, shy types; they would come over almost every time they saw us outside just to chat for a few minutes. I can't tell you how many times Brad would ask me what the right thing to do in a neighborly situation would be, and I'd answer with, "I don't know. Go ask Josh. He's good at being neighborly."
Flash is really going to miss Libby. They had a special relationship. She liked to refer to him as "crackhead". lol.
It's times like this that I'm so grateful for facebook and email. Otherwise, I'd be worried we'd lose touch.
So J family, we're really going to miss yall.
Good luck with everything!
China won't know what hit 'em. :)



2 comments:
It's always sad to see friends go but remember that song by Michael W. Smith? "Friends are Friends Forever is the Lord's the Lord of them?" :-)
Aw, that's so sad. But you'll see one another again!
Post a Comment