Tuesday, July 19, 2011

sweet summertime

Last night, we had a little sleepover. Complete with a 10 o'clock trip to WallyWorld (gasp... yes, we go there too sometimes), Oreos, movies, and crashing on the couch.
Ok, well... I had a couple Oreos. But I went to bed after the first 15 minutes of Milo and Otis (a classic which I was appalled to hear my little sister had never seen). Noah had a late night, so I was beat.
And then he woke up prompty at 8:45 this morning.
Yay.
At least he's sticking to his schedule...

Anyway, my little sister (yes, she got sucked into the blog world too...) and my neice (her bff) came over. Sky doesn't get to spend the night with us as much as we'd like, so it was fun to have her over too.

And guess what else...

I'd been craving some pool time with friends. I've had to decline the last few invitations. So to make it up, I got permission to invite some mommy buds (and the littles) over for some swimming.







Ladies and gentlemen.
May I present to you...
princess alice.


(she insisted on wearing it while swimming. princesses always have to be prepared)

And let us not overlook Miss Sydney, who is donning a beautiful, yellow bow to match her lovely swimsuit.
*snicker* Girls crack me up.


Thankfully, there was another boy to help even out the girlyness.
Cute little Jack.
His momma said he hadn't slept much, but you'd never know.
He was happy as a clam.



Oops. Almost forgot the other little man present.
Seriously, is there anything cuter than a baby in a sun hat, lounging in a pool??
Ok, don't answer that. I know there are way too many cute baby images to settle on "the cutest".



I would like to eat those cheeks.
Just a nibble.



And while Noah enjoyed cooling off in the pool, this guy spent the majority of his time with his bum in the sand. If today was any indication of how our beach trip is going to go this year, it looks like I'm going to be swimming solo.







However... he also enjoyed Jack's mom's killer cupcakes.
He enjoyed them very much.

And of course, the girls joined in too.





It was a fun day.

And now would someone PLEASE take these Oreos away from me??
I haven't had one in like a year, and I've certainly made up for it today.
Goodness gracious.

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

What great action shots!! I LOVE the one of Noah throwing sand!

Princess Alice looks like she could be Noah's sister. Seriously that's exactly what your daughter would look like!!

I love her tiara on in the pool. Too cute.

Shanté said...

I'm so glad I looked at your info section on facebook and saw your blog link! I was surprised to find that the first picture was of ME! Haha. That's a great picture too! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to link to your blog so my family can see that cute pic you took of me and Jack. By the way your pictures are amazing. I'm very envious. I'm too lazy to learn the settings on my camera.

Jessica and Jimmy said...

Okay seriously I love this post!!! The pictures are awesome!!!