He didn't have his normal pediatrician, because honestly... I might as well be trying to book an appointment with J.Lo (not that I'd want to, mind you). This area has grown a lot, and he's like the #1 rated ped near us. Ironically, in our oh-so-mature new parent logic, we chose him based on the fact that he had the exact same name as one of our childhood buddies and had good reviews. We never met him or even visited the place before we had Noah. When we were in the hospital, right after Noah was born, they asked who his pediatrician was going to be. He wasn't offiliated with their hospital, but when we mentioned his name, they were all, "OH! You're going to LOVE him." So yeah. Looks like everyone else loves him too. Anyway, we booked an appointment with our 2nd favorite, Dr P, who happens to be a lady with a 3 year old (also named Noah).
Anyway, he did amazing. He, of course, shed a couple of tears when they pricked his finger and gave him a shot. But it didn't last long. Actually, the band-aid on his finger made it worse. Because just as he was forgetting about it? He'd look at his finger and start whining again.
We discussed the speech issues and all that. We're in the process of getting him a little help, but I'll elaborate more when there's something to say.
We discussed the speech issues and all that. We're in the process of getting him a little help, but I'll elaborate more when there's something to say.
Ready for the stats?
Brace yourselves.
He's a big 'un.
Height: 37 inches
Weight: 36.4 lbs
Try carrying that down the sidewalk when your kid gets tired in the middle of a walk.
Yep. He's completely off the charts on everything (including the size of his head). He's following his growth pattern, though. But just in case, she asked us how his diet was, how much milk he drinks, etc. I told her he only drinks maybe a cup of milk a day. Other than that, it's all water. He doesn't eat processed stuff, mostly just fruits and veggies. I gave her an example of his breakfast this morning (half a piece of whole wheat toast and a bowl of blueberries). He's still not a meat eater, but he gets his protein from eggs, peanut butter, etc.
Bottom line: the boy's just hungry.
He's always been a great eater.
She said she'd only be worried if he was this weight because he was downing mac 'n cheese and chicken fingers all of the time. But he's not.
And we told her how he's constantly running. If we go outside? He runs. If we're inside? He runs.
And occasionally, he'll stop to check out a fountain or play in some dirt.
But exactly 4.3 seconds later, he's back to running again.
I think she was convinced we have a healthy kid who isn't vegging out in front of the tv all day.
And right afterwards, I took him for some ice cream.
Totally serious.
I've always wanted to start the tradition of going for ice cream after a check-up with my kids, because that's what I did. And it always made the appointments more tolerable for me, since I knew a treat was coming once we were done.
Anyway.
He's been happy as a little lark since we got home.
And I'm praying for an easy nap time today. He's been fighting them again lately (but once he's out, he's out. So I know he still needs them. He just doesn't want them).
K, he's winding down, so I'm off to (hopefully) put him down for a nap and work on party stuff. It's Saturday, and I'm kind of excited. That is, as long as Irene doesn't decide to crash it. My brother is supposed to be going to Wilmington to help with the cleanup and all (he's in the National Guard). I think it'll be a great experience for him.
Alrighty. Y'all have a great day!







3 comments:
Love the actions shots, he's such a cutie/handsome boy!!! I know you're going to do an amazing job with your/his party!!!
I love that he is bigger than the average bear! :) He's too cute!
Don't worry. My kids are off the charts too!! I'd rather have a big healthy kid than a tiny sickly one. Although Henry does have a cold right now. tee hee
He's so cute!! Love that last thing you did with the photo. Precious!
Post a Comment