Okay. I hereby promise that this is the very last birthday party post.
Let's give a big round of applause to that.
Because as much fun as I have throwing the parties, taking pictures, and sharing it all with you? Let's face it. It's not as much fun unless you were actually there.
So I'll do my best to make you feel like you were here. Because if I had my way, you would've been.
So here we go...
The theme this year was pretty easy to choose.
Curious George!
It was pretty easy to decorate, since we already had a ton of George stuff. Anything we didn't already have came from either Party City or Michaels.
(George messed up my pinwheel, and I didn't notice until now. Silly monkey)
We invited some close friends and a couple family members. His cousin Easton was supposed to come, but his great-great granddaddy passed away. Anyway, it was fun to have Noah's little friends over. It was certainly more excitement than Noah's used to around here.
(friends Lindsay and Travis)
We made a new friend, who tagged along with his Aunt Scarlett.
His name is Brigham.
And I know what you're thinking... yes, his family is Catholic.
haha. j/k.
(baby Carolina and Scarlett)
My gorgeous momma...
She had Noah's gift shipped directly to us, and since we were having a party this weekend, I invited her too. That way, she could see Noah's reaction.
(Graham and Sydney)
Originally, we thought we'd just order pizza and keep it simple.
But then I told Brad that Noah doesn't even eat pizza. He refuses to eat anything with tomato sauce, actually. So why not spend almost the same amount of money on healthier food?
So we did.
The Menu:
PB&J sandwiches
PB & Banana sandwiches
Mixed Fruit
Pasta Salad
Chips and Dip
I hate I didn't send Brad outside with the video camera. During dinner, most of the parents and kids sat out on the patio to eat. When Noah came outside, Sydney said, all excitedly, "Let's sing Happy Birthday to Noah!" So our back yard was filled with singing for a few minutes. So cute.
For dessert, we opted out of doing traditional cake and ice cream.
Instead, I wanted to do something a little bit more fun for everyone, especially the kiddos.
So we did a banana split bar!
(Alice is a fan)
(Fernando and Brad)
Noah seemed to like it.
Noah's friends gave him all kinds of great birthday gifts.
Lots of Playdoh, cars, and books.
They decided to sing Happy Birthday again while he opened his presents, and he always seems confused as to why everyone keeps singing this same song. lol.
And then came my mom's present.
A giant bead maze table.
As you can see, it was a HUGE hit with the kids. As soon as we brought it out, every single toddler (including little Carolina) flocked to it.
Noah's actually really good about sharing. He doesn't mind.
Except when little Brigham wanted to play with the same beads he did. Then he got a little frustrated.
But for the most part, they all played really well together. And for some reason, the room was suddenly really quiet. :) I'm recommending this toy to all parents now.
All in all, it was a fantastic party; one which has taken the rest of the weekend to recover from.
Noah didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning. He's obviously not used to all that excitement.
And I promise, this is the last Noah birthday party post for at least another year.
Yayyy!!





















3 comments:
How fun! You do such cute parties! Wish we could have been there to celebrate too :)
Holy parties!!!! After Brin's "friend" party for her 1st b-day, I don't think I'm doing that until she is 5. I was so exhausted afterwards. We're just doing family parties for awhile. That bead table is awesome! I need to remember that...pretty sure she would LOVe that!
What a cute party! And that table Noah got looks so cool!!!
Ok - I'll decorate your house if you come here and decorate for my parties. :-)
Post a Comment