So somehow I ended up taking a major break from working out these past few weeks.
It was definitely unintentional. Life just got in the way (I know, I know. It's a sorry excuse).
I had been so good. I even took the time to run and do some strength training on July 4th, since I knew we'd be eating burgers and less-than-healthy type food.
But after that? I kept finding reasons to avoid my workouts.
Anyway, Brad has now gotten bit by the fitness bug.
He's been to the gym like 4 times in the last week.
He's pulled out the protein powder. You know he means business when he does that.
See, before his heart decided to give us all a big scare, he was obsessed with working out.
He had the 6/8 pack, the big arms, the strong back.
After his surgery, he wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a milk carton.
Ever since, he's been terrified of working out. He's afraid to push his heart too much, and understandably so. But the doctors have given him the green light and told him it's good for his heart. It's just taken him getting over the mental aspects of it.
Apparently, he's overcome it.
He announced yesterday that his goal for this week is to lose 5 lbs. That probably sounds unrealistic, but the man seems to lose weight like nothing. Guys are always like that. Totally unfair.
Actually, last night at dinner, he informed me he'd already lost 3. But then he ate, so in actuality, it was probably 1 lb. But still. I have to really fight for every pound now. Again... so unfair.
So he starts on this whole kick on exercising and eating healthy and all that.
And here I am eating an Oreo, feeling all guilty.
I mean, it's not like I haven't been spending the last 2 years working my rear end off (literally). Then all of a sudden, my husband comes along (after having a gym membership since October that he hasn't been using) and makes me feel bad?
Oh well.
At least it kicked my butt back into gear.
Yesterday I did the P90x cardio workout (which is the little 45 min bonus dvd they give you). I figured it's easy enough to get me back into the swing of things. And really, it is slightly easier than the rest of them (I think). But I'd like to make a point here: taking a long hiatus from working out is a bad idea.
After the workout? I was all shaky (probably didn't eat enough).
Then I felt like I wanted to puke all Biggest Loser style.
This happens almost every time I take a break. My body ends up having a big shock and is begging me for more time to adjust. Sorry, body. We're going to the beach next month.
I need my abs back. Thanks.

1 comment:
Good for you! Perhaps I should say, better you than me :-). If I've gotten off my duff for more than 30 minutes in a day, I count that as exercise. I definitely identify with your picture on this post -- I will NOT be running unless something is chasing me. I certainly wouldn't work out to the point that I puke. That's probably why I am a bit more fluffy than you are!
Post a Comment