Also? It goes the other way around. Please don't feel obligated to respond to every comment I leave on your blogs. I mean, if you want to, by all means go ahead. But if you're just too busy? It doesn't hurt my feelings. Promise. :)
- I've learned that the diapers of a newborn do not compare to those of toddlers. Sure, there's the occasional "blowout" when they're babies. But once they start eating real food? Holy foulness.
- Noah will be 2 on Saturday. This just blows my mind. It really doesn't feel like it's been that long since I was in the hospital. Crazy.
- I mentioned (like a tiny blip) about how Noah's been having some "issues". Nothing super serious. However, every once in awhile, our parent radars are up, paying a little more attention to his mannerisms. Other people have made comments. He doesn't really talk much, and words he used to say? He's either lost or just not using them. Certain characteristics are worth mentioning at his next well check, just to document. It's probably nothing. I'm not one to get all panicky and bent-outa-shape over stuff. If it is something? Well, then we'll just cross that bridge when it comes. However, all the boys in my family didn't talk until after they were three. And then we couldn't get them to shut up. I have to admit, it's tough hearing about all the toddlers (much younger than Noah) speaking in full sentences and understanding more complex concepts. But all kids learn and grow at different paces. And he's getting there. More on what he does do on his birthday post. For now, I'm choosing not to worry. Worrying will get me nowhere. It's one of those "wait and see" type things right now. I guess I just needed to write it out. It's cathartic.
- Gas prices are ridiculous. We're having to limit our trips to three times a week. And this week, I'm trying to stretch it and only go out twice. Pray for me. I may end up on the news as some lunatic mom who tried to walk herself to the mall because she "just couldn't take it anymore". :)
- My kid eats bubbles.
"blech"
- I'm starting to understand why the exterminator people make you sign a contract with them. Because if what they're doing isn't working? You can't just fire them for it. How clever.
- Homeownership woes in the last year... mice, roaches, roof damage, leaks in roof into the attic, leak in bathroom upstairs (causing water to leak into the downstairs), garbage disposal breaking and flooding the cabinet underneath with disgusting water, and standing water in our crawl space. I feel like I'm forgetting something...
Being blessed to have a home that we can afford, has a big back yard, and is big enough to grow in? Priceless.
- I played Wii boxing with Brad the other night, and apparently, I have some unresolved anger issues. Because oh my goodness, my arms are killing me.
- Aren't we supposed to have passed this stage by now?
Happy Tuesday!
:)





4 comments:
I admire you for your "wait and see" approach on Noah. I'm sure it's nothing since your brothers were all "late talkers". But don't hate me for saying this because I am speaking from experience. Early Intervention for "language delay" is AMAZING and works WONDERS. It's FREE or only minimal based on your income. The Speech Therapist comes to your home. It's pretty much effortless and the best thing you can do for Noah at this age. The earlier the better for language.
My son, Evan will be two next week. He eats bubbles happily and loves loves loves to make a mess with toilet paper too. Something tells me I'm in for the bathroom messes for years to come. Sigh. As for the early intervention, Heather's right - the earlier the better for language. Trust your mom-tuition and be an advocate in the way that it leads you. P.S. I know you don't have time to respond to comments - if you did, I can't imagine the mess that you'd find when you got up. Life is certainly never boring with a little boy. My favorite quote about life these days is from Mark Twain, "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
Quinn is almost five and still can't resist a toilet paper roll. That's why we've had it sitting on the counter for the past four and a half years. Which is probably why he still can't help himself when he sees one on the roller.
I agree with Heather and Sarah. We had a similar situation with C2. I'm not the most maternal person, but my Spidey-sense started tingling when she wouldn't talk. ABM told me I was worrying for nothing, but I insisted that we have her tested. Turned out that she did have some speech issues and a tiny problem with her hearing. I'm not trying to scare you, but I just want to say that if your intuition is telling you that something is up, don't try to rationalize it away. As Heather said, if it turns out that Noah could benefit from a few sessions of speech therapy, it can be done without much of a hit to your wallet.
Post a Comment