Towards the end of last week, things got a little busy.
My little sister spent the night Wednesday, so she could help me out on Thursday.
We spent the day searching for supplies and baking.
One of my favorite friends (Jessica) is having a baby soon. This isn't her first, but it's her first BOY.
And because I believe every baby should be showered with love, no matter their birth order, that's just what I decided to do.
Backstory:
One day, Jessica asked almost 3 year old Alice what she'd like to call the baby.
They needed a nickname until they decided on a real name.
So Jessica asks Alice, "Alice, what should we call the baby?"
Alice thinks for a couple minutes.
"Zebra," she answers, very matter-of-factly.
Jessica is a little surprised and says, "Zebra?"
Just to make sure Alice had understood the question, Jessica asked her again before bedtime.
"Alice, what should we call the baby?"
"I told you mom. Zebra."
So zebra it was.
We had the party at my mom's (the house I grew up in). She was cool with it. She's kind of a natural-born entertainer. She collects crystal and china and all that fancy stuff. As a result, I've found myself ooo-ing and aah-ing over vintage tea cups and frilly napkins in my not-so-old age.
Anyway, the woman is always up for a party.
So she happily agreed and ended up playing a major role.
She prepared food, served punch, and cleaned.
I made sure she knew this wasn't my intention, but like I said, she loves this kind of thing.
We had an awesome turn out.
I think we counted somewhere around 20 guests (not including myself and family).
Our friend Scarlett very sweetly offered to help. So I put her in charge of games.
Because honestly?
I suck at shower games.
She came up with this cute pop quiz all about zebras.
Then she read this story (a "right/left" story) where when she says "right" or "left", you pass the object(s) in the appropriate direction.
Then it was gift time!
That morning, Jess asked Alice if she was ready to go see some friends.
Alice asked her, "Are these Alice friends? Or mommy friends?"
She's so stinkin' cute.
For such a tiny little thing, she's got a big personality. :)
And for being the only toddler there? Alice did a-MAZ-ing.
She's such a well behaved little girl.
She's going to be a perfect big sister to little zebra.
The food was a hit.
I can't tell you how many times people went back for more
(which is a huge compliment to me).
My friend Lyndsay made these chocolate covered pretzel sticks in black & white.
Yum.
The best line of the day?
"This is the best shower food I've ever had!"
It seemed like everyone had a great time.
Jess got lots of cute stuff for baby zebra, and I had a great time throwing it.
As for my mom?
Before the shower was even over, she was already compiling a list of party food for our next shower we're throwing. Told ya she's a natural born entertainer.














2 comments:
Your mom sounds so cool and that dining room is GORGEOUS!!
That is a huge compliment when people love your food. You are a good cook!
Seriously it was the best shower! I loved it! The food, really, was the best shower food ever. I went back plenty of times. And I can tell you for SURE that Alice loved it, especially those Almonds. You and your mother are amazing!!!! You are such a good friend and an awesome party thrower. Thank you!!! (Sorry this is a little late...)
Post a Comment