So my girl Katie is currently feeling a little less-than-stellar today.
She and her lil babydoll have a case of the icks and was in need of some "fluff".
Well, we're in the same boat. Brad's had this weird lingering cough, and I worked myself into a cold yesterday. I started out just fine, cleaned the house like a nesting pregnant woman, and ended the night with a sore throat and sniffles. So I'm in need of some fluff today too and decided to steal the idea.
***
Guilty pleasure?
Right now? Decorating too early.
I'm trying to reign myself in, but as Kelle Hampton puts it... I totally let my holiday freak flag fly. I can't help it. But I'm not one to ignore Thanksgiving in favor of Christmas. I give them both equal love. Also, what really makes me happy? Walking through Target after they've decorated, overpriced peppermint mocha in hand, and just browsing through all of the twinkly lights, pretty trees, cinnamon pinecone garland, wrapping paper... the whole thing makes turns me into a 5 year old again.
Not "guilty" enough?
I secretly miss boy bands.
I was a total Backstreet Boys fan back in the day.
Recent splurge?It's been a couple months now, but I finally bought myself a really nice pair of jeans. The kind with blingy buttons and pretty stitching. I've never spent that much on jeans, but I'm so glad I did. Every time I wear them (which is often), I get compliments. And now I understand why people say every girl needs to own a great pair of jeans. It's good for the soul.
Nothing. If anything, diapers and wipes.
We just don't go through things fast enough to make it worth the trouble.
I kind of love all flowers. But here's a not-so-short list of my favorites: pansies (partly just because of the name), petunias, peonies, lavendar, lilies, gardenias (had these in my bridal bouquet and it smelled heavenly), magnolias... okay, this could go on and I know yall don't care that much.
Comfort food?
There's no way for me to pick just one dish.
There's no way for me to pick just one dish.
Remember, I live in the South. Everything traditionally made here is comfort food. However, my favorite would probably be shrimp and grits. Or any of my mom's/grandmothers' holiday casseroles.
No wait, I've got it.
Breakfast.
I love breakfast for dinner.
For breakfast?
Lately it's been half of a honey wheat English muffin with boisenberry jam.
I like to plan my meals. Sometimes this works out, others not so much.
My go-to dinner, though, is a herb roasted chicken with roasted veggies.
It's so easy, inexpensive, and the leftovers are great to put in other dishes.
Love/hate relationship with?My go-to dinner, though, is a herb roasted chicken with roasted veggies.
It's so easy, inexpensive, and the leftovers are great to put in other dishes.
Baking. I used to always love it. But now that I have a toddler who wants to be involved?
It's a massive mess.
The baking part is fun, but the clean up?
Notsomuch.
Can't stop watching?
.
.
Ok, so Katie mentioned The New Girl. And we have similar feelings on this. No matter how annoying her character may be? I will always heart Zooey. So I continue to watch.
Other favorites:
How I Met Your Mother
Friends (always Friends)
Gilmore Girls will always be a favorite that I'll never tire of. It's all about some positive girl power, and I love it.
19 Kids and Counting
Up All Night (HILARIOUS. You must watch, especially if you're a parent)
And Glee. Of course.
[To name a few thousand]
Dreaming about?
A Makeover.
For me and for my house.
Every girl should have?
My style in five words?
I don't have one.
I've always been like this. I love it all, and I don't like to limit myself.
Sometimes I go for the Anthro-hippie look, others are more of a Ann Taylor type look, and when I get bored with that? I pull out the comfy "boyfriend" look. Y'know, comfy jeans, oversized sweater, simple jewelry.
(I used to work at a fashion jewelry store, so I have a ridiculous amount of fun jewelry)
So that's why, if you follow me on Pinterest, you'll see me pinning every kind of clothing style under the sun. If it looks like it'd be fun to wear? I like it.
Likewise, I refuse to buy anything I'm not in love with, even if it's a great price.
A favorite shade of lipstick. Or something that makes them feel girly.
Call me superficial, but a nice coat of "Frosted Rose" can do wonders for a snot/spit-up/random-what-the-heck-is-that covered mom's self-image.
Call me superficial, but a nice coat of "Frosted Rose" can do wonders for a snot/spit-up/random-what-the-heck-is-that covered mom's self-image.
I don't have one.
I've always been like this. I love it all, and I don't like to limit myself.
Sometimes I go for the Anthro-hippie look, others are more of a Ann Taylor type look, and when I get bored with that? I pull out the comfy "boyfriend" look. Y'know, comfy jeans, oversized sweater, simple jewelry.
(I used to work at a fashion jewelry store, so I have a ridiculous amount of fun jewelry)
So that's why, if you follow me on Pinterest, you'll see me pinning every kind of clothing style under the sun. If it looks like it'd be fun to wear? I like it.
Likewise, I refuse to buy anything I'm not in love with, even if it's a great price.
I love wearing?
Earthy tones.
They go better with my coloring (which is dark brown hair and ghostly white skin).
Dream job?They go better with my coloring (which is dark brown hair and ghostly white skin).
I have too many dream jobs.
Fashion merchandising (my fav part of the jewelry biz), Professional American Sign Language Interpreter (random tidbit: I was 1 of 5 pulled from our ASL class by Deaf instructors asking us if we'd be interested in pursuing a career. Part of me wishes I'd said yes, especially now that starting next year, new interpreters have to have a Masters degree in addition to passing the licensing exams), Marriage and Family Counselor, professional Christmas decorator (yes, I'm serious), Interior Designer, and maybe a family photographer (we'll see. I have SO much more to learn, and it seems like everybody and their cousin is a photographer now).
Fashion merchandising (my fav part of the jewelry biz), Professional American Sign Language Interpreter (random tidbit: I was 1 of 5 pulled from our ASL class by Deaf instructors asking us if we'd be interested in pursuing a career. Part of me wishes I'd said yes, especially now that starting next year, new interpreters have to have a Masters degree in addition to passing the licensing exams), Marriage and Family Counselor, professional Christmas decorator (yes, I'm serious), Interior Designer, and maybe a family photographer (we'll see. I have SO much more to learn, and it seems like everybody and their cousin is a photographer now).
Happy Wednesday!!
6 comments:
Loved reading this. I'm with you on the lipstick. I have a stain/gloss duo from Avon that I couldn't live without!
Fun post. And you're right....getting into photography is sooo in right now. I would love a better camera, but not to be "neat" but just to take better pictures! I feel like our camera does a good job most of the time, but other times it just can't snap fast enough pictures and with a toddler...you need that ability!! Your pinterest is always great! I love seeing your latest pins.
You are so right, every girl needs a fabulous pair of jeans!!! I hope y'all start to feel better!!!
It was fun reading this! I already started decorating for Christmas. I'm with Kelle too!
Glad you got yourself some fancy jeans. :-)
My "can't stop watching" show is The Millionaire Matchmaker. It is the same thing every week, yet I stop and watch it whenever I see it on, even if it is a rerun. I don't know why.
Don't let my kids know that you know sign language. C1 has been looking for an excuse to come over and play with Noah -- if she knew that you could teach her ASL, too, she would never stop pestering you!
I heart zooey! She is so so so so so funnyyyyy thoughhhh!
Post a Comment