Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the aftermath and some craftin'

So here's a tip. If you don't eat much sugar on a daily basis? Don't pig out on Halloween candy before bed. Something about this holiday brought out my inner 6 year old (and 10 yr old... and 15 yr old... and let's face it, 25 yr old) and, embarassingly enough, completely took over. We're talking a few pixie stix, a couple of snack sized Snickers/Milky Way/KitKat/Crunch bars, and whatever else I happened to dig out of Noah's bucket. Add that to the hype of it all, and I could NOT relax last night.
Noah didn't fall asleep until about midnight.
Me? I'm guessing somewhere around 3am.

I got 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep last night. The weird part is that I'm not a total zombie today. Noah didn't get enough sleep either, but he's been an angel all day.

I'm pretty sure the reason I felt so energized had something to do with getting together with some of my favorite girls today.
Our Moms Bible Study had a Stampin' Up craft day today, which is so right up my alley. Before I quit working, I used to be BIG into stamping. Some people loathe this kind of thing... it stresses them out. But for me? Totally therapeutic. So there was no way I was missing out on today.
The demonstrator was super sweet and NOT pushy. She was just there for us to have fun, not make any sales. We had a great time.



(BJ, on the left, leads the entire study. The lady in the middle is our table mom. She's the sweetest. And my girl Kara - on the right - is pregnant with her 3rd cutiepatootie. She's had morning sickness this whole time and is such a champ to keep coming to these things)

And these are the cards we made this morning!
Aren't they cute??
I'm going to use the one on the left to attach to a little gift bag.
Love it.



I was a little worried about Noah going to his little class this morning, since he was so sleep-deprived. He even zonked out in the car for about 15 minutes on the ride up there. But when I went to pick him up, he was busy playing with a plastic dinosaur. And it made my day to see that he was playing with the animals along with all of the other kids. He was all smiles and attempted (in Noah language) to tell me all about it. :) His teachers are so so sweet (they're from the school they have there) and said he did perfectly fine. Phew! I was worried for their sake!

I've decided to stay up for the rest of the day. Call me crazy, but I have other things to do (meaning I'll just lay there thinking about all the stuff I should be doing instead), and the exterminator guy is scheduled to come between 3 and 5. Which means if he comes early? I'd have only gotten maybe 30 minutes of sleep. So I'd just wake up feeling worse. Here's hoping for an early bed time.

***

Totally unrelated...

I made these muffins the other day for Noah, and they've been the biggest hit. I've been trying to sneak some more veggies in his diet, and after he downed like 5 of them in one sitting, I figured somebody else out there might want to give them a try. Go here if you're interested: Sweet Potato Mini-Muffins

2 comments:

Tatiana said...

Oh my goodness, those cards are beyond amazing. You guys did such an awesome job!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Those cards are so nice! And I'm Noah liked his class. :-)