Friday, December 16, 2011

Gimme Some Sugar

This post has been in the works for almost a week now.
Actually, I was working on it yesterday and accidentally hit "publish" instead of "save". Whoops.
I know. Where have I been?
Well, I had every intention of blogging. Heaven knows we've had plenty enough happening around here to blog about. Christmas cookies, bridal showers, Christmas parties (get ready, I've got some catching up to do before we do anything else). But see, I left my camera at my mom's Sunday... and I'm sorry, but telling y'all about Christmas events without any pictures is just... well, I can't do it. And after that? Well, like you just read.
I haven't had much time to read blogs, let alone post a few myself. Frankly, I don't know how the big-time bloggers do it. Even with somebody paying me, I'd be all "too much pressure!" ANYWAYS.


Over the weekend, we invited my dad and step-mom over for dinner and cookie decorating. Obviously, I knew decorating with a toddler was going to end in a mess. Noah and I tend to bake at least once a week, so I've gotten used to the messes. I still don't like them... but nothing surprises me anymore.

Noah loves having the extra attention. And every time we have guests over, he surprises us again with showing off some skill he's been hiding. This time, it was serving salad.




He didn't really want to eat it, but he certainly had fun putting it on the plates.



As for the cookies, we went ahead and baked a few before my parents came over. We thought it'd be a great idea to just use the Pillsbury premade kind to save time (I know, I KNOW. The baker in me is hanging her head in shame...). Uhh... fyi, you gotta roll that stuff REAL thin. Otherwise, they come out looking like pancakes.

Oh well.

We still had fun, and that's the point, right?


 




Noah definitely enjoyed himself. Especially the dough. Every time Brad turned around, Noah quickly grabbed a wad of dough and stuffed it in his mouth.


Which left him resembling his hero (Curious George).

 "What? You can't prove nuffin..."

So after all that sugar hit his system? We had a hard time getting him to sit still to decorate. In fact, he was more interested in eating the frosting instead.


But he gave it a good effort. He at least attempted to amuse us with this insane idea of using the frosting to decorate with instead of eat.


And then he decided we're all nuts and liked his original plan better.


Hope everyone's had a great week!
(Hopefully) I'll be back later with another update!


2 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I did cookies with Keira and Henry and used the Pillsbury stuff too. I ended up throwing half the cookies away b/c no one wanted to eat them but we had fun decorating and that's all that counts. :-)

I bought one of those Gingerbread houses to decorate/assemble. I might do that this weekend.

So cute Noah serving the salad!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

You are so brave to let Noah cook and bake with you. I have only really done it a few times with Brinley and it drives me a bit crazy every time. She is curious about EVERYTHING and touches everything. But I know I need to be better about letting her help me for her to learn. I do need to bake cookies tomorrow morning, so I think I'll let her help me! Thanks for inspiring me!