Friday, December 16, 2011

Wedding Bells are Ringing

So remember my friend Kelly and her fiance who came over a couple weeks ago (and Noah was crazy about her fiance)? Well, my momma and I hosted a bridal shower for her this past weekend. Really, my mom did most of the hard work... food prep, decorating, etc. I just handled drinks, coats, and gifts. I was in charge of keeping people happy and the party moving. My mom was making sure everyone got fed.
The thing I love most about the people that came is that they're all like family to me.
They've been a part of my life since I was a baby. So this party was also like a fun little family reunion for me, since I haven't seen some of these people in what feels like forever.




She got a lot of fun stuff.


[that was from me :) ] 




In case you're wondering, that's her boo-hooey face.
It's touching, just not quite enough to get some tears.


She loves me, I swear!


Eh... moving on...

My mom did an awesome spread.
Obviously, we're pretty darn good at this shower thing. Every time we throw one, people go back for seconds.


My mom had to inform the bakery lady that "congratulations" is not the proper "protocol" for a bridal shower. Etiquette is "best wishes". And yes, she used the word "protocol". My step-dad looked at her like she just spoke Chinese to the lady.
Don't mess with Emily Post.
Or my mom.


The shower was a total hit.
We had a great time, and it was nice to have total girl time while Brad took care of Noah for me. In fact, I think Noah wore him out. As soon as I got home, Brad headed for bed.

So yeah. Totally worth it.

Congratulations, Kelly!!
Oh wait. Sorry.
Best wishes!!

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

So exciting for her!! That is so funny, best wishes! I've been saying it wrong all along! I'll definitely think of your mama when I say congrats the next time someone gets engaged. The food looks ammmmazing!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Looked fun and wow - that is a spread!! I'm getting hungry just looking at it. Time for breakfast!

Charbelle said...

AAhhhhh love it!!! So excited for her!!!!