But if I'm honest? I'm sad it's almost here.
I love the anticipation. I love watching strangers smile and chit-chat with each other. I swear I have the nicest Target known to man right down the road from me. While we certainly have our share of rednecks, they're the nicest bunch of rednecks you'll ever accidentally bump into and then strike up a conversation about how incredibly adorable your child is and "Faaaaye! Did you need coconuuuuut?" and the price of bread and how stores have turned selling Christmas lights into a total landscaping makeover (yes, these are actual conversations) (who wins the award for longest run-on sentence ever? Me, me!).
(one day, I'll do a vlog for y'all, sporting an all-too-natural THICK southern accent... when reinacting the previous conversations, my husband said if I didn't have him, I'd talk like a total redneck. lol).
I love everything leading up to Christmas. It's half the fun. Everyone's homes are twinkly and pretty. We bake cookies, put a sweet-smelling tree in our livingroom, and spend our month picking out the "perfect gift" for others.
Sure, some people are cranky. Some people are total scrooges (*cough*bigbrandcompanies*cough*). And some are even counting down the days until "this is all over". But there are also those who are generous. Those who take out their last dollar to give to someone else who needs it more. Friends are church who secretly sneak $20 in your hand, just because they wanted to (yep, totally happened. and I proceeded to cry in my car when I realized what she handed me. God is good, y'all). There are those who spread some Christmas cheer to the lonely. Those who ask for friends to give someone else a gift for her birthday. It's the one time of year where people are collectively intentional about generosity. And well, the whole season is just plain FUN.
So in light of all of this, I thought I'd spread a little Christmas cheer this Monday morning. A friend posted this video on facebook and I couldn't help but share. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. These folks set this up on their own. Whoever recorded this needs to be fired, because they did a terrible job. But the actual performance is awesome. Totally reminds me of my grandmother and her sisters... except they'd have their cowgirl boots on and would be line dancing.
Merry Christmas!!
4 comments:
THE LADY WITH THE OXYGEN!!!!! Hahhahahaha that is so stinking adorable! I love old people!
I can't watch the video cause I'm at work, but I love this post. I feel the same way about Christmas. I'm so sad it's going to be over but I get to extend things for a week because of Henry's Bday on NYE! So I have 2 more weeks and then it's a maaajor letdown. ;-)
Love the video....so cute and funny!
Oh GOD. the"FAAAAYYYE!" thing absolutely killed me. I am still laughing. Because its so so true.
Post a Comment