But this one is always a big favorite, so I thought I'd share a recipe that's perfect for getting in the holiday spirit. The only thing is... you can't eat it.
Growing up, my mom made this every year, and now I've carried on the tradition in my home. It's so easy and is perfect if you don't feel like braving the local Bath and Body Works for candles and plugins during the last week of Christmas. :)
Holiday Essence
Ingredients
- 1 grapefruit peel
- 2 orange peels
- 2 lemon peels
- 1 Tbsp cloves
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- water
Directions
Place first 6 ingredients in a crockpot (if you don't have one, use a regular saucepan on the stove). Fill pot with plenty of water and set on low.
Continue to add water as needed, and it'll last anywhere from 1-2 weeks (sometimes longer, but the fragrance starts to wear off some). Of course, don't forget to turn off the stove at night if using that method. :) It smells heavenly!

No comments:
Post a Comment