- I have gotten sucked into the ridiculousness that is the Bachelor. WHY OH WHY do I do this to myself? I swear with every season I watch that I'll never watch it again. It goes against everything in me to watch 25 women "compete" for one man. The entire premise is embarrassing, yet here I am holding my breath as I watch to see who Ben is going to send home... and dare I admit it? harboring a slight crush on this season's Bachelor. This has never happened to me before. Never have any of these guys been the kind I would normally date (assuming I wasn't married, of course) . Is that weird? I just find most of them over-the-top cheesy and ridiculous. The promo shots of them half-nakey running down a beach or pumping iron on a mountaintop sends me into fits of laughter. But I kind of have a thing for the cute, genuine, slightly dorky guys. Also? I have a thing for guys with long hair (Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt's younger years, Heath Ledger).
Granted, I do find myself rolling my eyes at the whole thing. I mean, really. These are all perfectly intelligent, beautiful women who have been reduced to "Waah, this one man on earth doesn't want to date me out of 25 women... life's not worth living!" And I'm sorry, but if I have to hear one.more.time how bungie jumping off of a cliff or climbing the side of a building with someone you barely know is "just like falling in love..." I may throw up. No, love is when you decide not to throw a stick of butter at your husband when he irritates the crap out of you. And I know that's not just me. I've seen the twitter polls.
But oh goodness, does it make for some awesomely entertaining, trashy tv. It's all smut. And it's addicting. At least I can admit it, right?
- Noah's hair is getting out of control. We tried cutting it a few times recently, which resulted in one side shorter than the other. The problem? Noah doesn't say much, and when he does, we try to honor his words in order to encourage him to use them more. So when Brad took the clippers to his head, and he looked up at me with hopeful eyes and said, "All through! All through!" Well, we both kind of melted. So yeah. We're saps, and our kid is running around with a borderline mullet.
- I've been on Weight Watchers for a little over two weeks now, and I've lost 4 pounds. I'm so darn excited, because before, the scale wasn't budging. Here's the confession part: I love it because I can still eat chocolate and McDonalds and whatever else I want and still lose weight. The whole thing is genius. I don't know why I didn't try this earlier.
- I haven't been running in a while. It's not that I'm over it or hate it again. I just got out of the habit. I got sick, and Noah was refusing sleep, which meant no free time to run. The only times I've been able to are when Brad is home and awake. But I'll get back into it. No worries.
- I forgot to turn the heat back on last night, and we all froze. Sometimes it gets too hot during the day, enough to where we need AC. Our house sits in the sun most of the day, so if the temps get over 55, it gets hot. Usually I'm pretty good at remembering to turn it back on. But not last night. Whoops.
Have anything you need to confess?? :)
5 comments:
We just gave Nolan a hair cut last night and he was not too happy- he would have his hair down to his knees if we let him!
Way to go on Weight Watchers- it is an awesome feeling when you start seeing results! and I sooooo have to get back to running, I am getting all jiggly again ;)
Yay for you!! Same reason I love WW too. :-)
I haven't washed my hair since Monday and I feel so greasy!!!
i bought a ginormous bag of m&m's today at this discount grocery store for $1 and i ate 9points worth today. hahaha. i feel like such a hypocrite after that blog post i wrote yesterday. but then i remember that i've lost 65lbs and i need to give myself a break. haha!
I say, throw the butter. Because 1) He probably deserves it. And 2) It will likely lighten the mood. I mean, what's not funny about getting hit with a stick of butter?? Hilarious. I threw something at Zach the other day because of something he said. I can't remember what it was (that he said OR that I threw), but I know it was food. And I know we laughed.
Post a Comment