Sorry for the silence last week.
It's not that I don't want to blog. It's just that there's really not much to write about. Turns out the ol' blog is suffering from the post-holiday letdown too.
Really.
Our days consist of wake up, breakfast, play outside, watch Baby Einstein, nap, go to grocery store, play, dinner, bath, Baby Einstein/George, story time, and bed. Maybe with a little cookie-baking thrown in there.
But in a sad effort to blog about something... here's some complete randomness for your Monday:
Feeding the birds.
This was more of an attempt to do something crafty with the boy, but he wasn't the least bit interested. So while he ran around, I globbed peanut butter and seeds onto pine cones. Turns out? Watching these birds enjoy my little project made me happy!
(chickadees are my favorite)
We have a family of sparrows living in our bushes, and I think we've made their home permanent now.
As long as there aren't any mockingbirds or geese involved, I'm cool with this arrangement (because seriously, those things are mean...).
***
Playtime Bits & Pieces.
Like I said, we've been going outside a lot lately, since the weather has been so amazing.
The pups are loving it too. Have I ever mentioned how weird Flash is with his snacking?
The dog will eat anything.
Dodger has to sniff everything before he trusts what you're giving him. Even obvious stuff like chicken. But Flash? Well, he has a pile of goodies in the back yard... from our garden.
We had some leftover carrots we didn't use, and guess who's been gnawing on them?
Yep. He's such a weirdo.
We also got to fit in some cousin playtime. I could just eat this little guy up. Such a cutie.
While I'm really craving some snow, I'm trying to be thankful for how nice it is at the moment. Last year, we were blessed with snow on Christmas. Not sure when or if that will ever happen again.
But still. The warmer temps are convenient for taking Noah out. I don't really enjoy the bitter cold unless it's going to snow.
***
PSA.
This happens to me quite often actually. It seems there's a general misunderstanding among the U.S. population... at least the ones who shop at places like Target or WallyWorld.
So please, people.
Wait until I've completed my transaction before invading my personal space with your buggy. If I haven't paid yet, it makes it very difficult to do so with you standing right in front of the credit/debit swiper-thingy. And really, it's just rude. Trying to bulldoze me out of the checkout lane isn't going to make the process go any faster. In fact, it's just going to make things awkward. So yeah. Please just wait your turn. I don't have a million coupons, and I know how to use the transaction thingy (just don't know what they're called, obviously). Give me some space, and it won't take long.
***
Running.
Still doing it. Sort of. Ever since I got sick over New Years, it's taken me this long to get over my cold. I still sound all nasal-y, but I'm almost all better. Which is good, because I was really on a roll before. One day, I actually went 6 miles. That's probably not much for all you avid runners out there, but for this girl? You might as well have given me a medal. That's huge for me.
And then I proceeded to use a walker for the next few days...
***
Which leads me to...
Weight Watchers.
Yep. I joined.
I decided it was time to just bite the bullet and admit this last bit of weight wasn't going to come off without some sort of outside help. I have so many friends that have had success with the program and look phenomenal now. I guess it was only a matter of time before I caved to the peer pressure. And honestly, I'd forgotten how I used to eat before I was pregnant! I ate like a bird!
See, I'm technically right in the middle of my "healthy weight range". So in order to lose weight, they've given me the bare minimum of points. At least I hope so. Basically it's the "Eat Healthy or Starve" plan. If I don't lose anything this time? There's something really wrong with me. It's really not bad, though. It's made me realize how much crap I'd been eating and how little fruits and veggies I'd actually been consuming. I thought I was doing fine, but apparently not. You wouldn't believe how many points just everyday little things I'd been eating are. Anyway, it's only been about 4 days, so I have to wait a bit for any real results. Also, it might help if I owned a scale...
via
Happy Monday!
xoxo.







3 comments:
Good luck with WW!! It's hard work but the payoff is worthwhile. I was starving at first though too. :-)
I hate that when people do that to me at Target and the grocery store. It always makes me wish one of my kids would shove them back or something!
Good luck with Weight Watchers...let me know how it goes, I may what to try it. Love your pictures!
I've done WW twice and each time I lost about 15 lbs. It got tough for me as soon as I moved down to the lower level of points, and I ended up quitting both times. Not only was I hungry all the time at the lower level, but I didn't lose any more weight. However, everyone else I know has lost gobs of weight on WW, so I'm sure it is just me and not the program.
Post a Comment