Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Tidbits

Everyone have a fun New Years?? Ours was pretty uneventful. Brad had to work, and Noah and I have been sick. So in between coughs and sneezes, we celebrated with some sparkling grape juice (water for N... he hates juice of any kind) and baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Don't worry, we're not sharing them. No need to spread the germs. Yeah, that's why...

Noah decided he wanted to party that night, so we cuddled in bed and watched the ball drop. He liked the counting. Although I think he was confused by Lady Gaga. But who isn't?

Anyway, Noah was the first one to get the cold, so I've been about a day behind him (I knew I should've resisted that slobbery kiss last week!). While all I've wanted to do is lie around, Noah still wants to do normal toddler stuff. So let's just say I'm incredibly thankful for all of the new toys he got for Christmas. And also for Baby Einstein. He's obsessed with B.E. right now. 
Since the weather was pretty nice over the weekend, I didn't mind going outside for a little bit. Noah played, while I sat around and read magazines. He didn't seem to mind.


 Plus, the pups are great babysitters...

(can you tell I'm still getting used to the new lens? holy brightness, batman...)

Just kidding.


Flash, pay attention.



I've learned this week that if you want to start following new blogs, the beginning of the year is the time to do it. Everyone is doing a recap or favorite posts/pictures. Makes for easy catch-up.

As for resolutions, goals, whatever you want to call them... the only one I've got is to be healthier. Which really, is more of a life-goal, not just for the new year. However, I do have things I'd love to do to the house this year. It doesn't really count as a resolution, since I'm sure most of it doesn't fall within the budget for the year. Maybe I can convince Brad some of this is "necessary". Maybe?

What I want to do the most is PAINT.
Honestly, this is the cheapest way to redo a room. I actually love to paint. Right now, we're still living with the boring white in our loft, kitchen, and guest bath. The white that came with the house. And I'm so over it. I need color.
Also, I'm wanting to redo the spare bedroom/office and make it into more of a playroom/office. Our desk is broken and needs replacing. And the walls are too dark. We painted them the same color as the master, just because we had the leftover paint. But it's way too dark for such a small room. Makes you feel claustrophobic.

Some colors I like...

For the loft.
We have so much green and blue in our other rooms that I want to break it up a little. This is a good option, since it's warmer but still flows with the rest of the house.
Plus, it's a good neutral that I can work around and add pops of color throughout the year with accessories.

Or maybe this color?
(btw, how cute is this cozy desk space idea?)

I know it's not that different. I just don't want it to be too dark. Our downstairs green is dark enough. I want the loft to be lighter.

For the kitchen.



We have our green living/dining room right outside of here, and there's a hint of grey in our floor pattern. So I didn't want to go beige. I figured something like this would flow well.
Plus, our trim is white (and I still want to paint our cabinets white).

For the playroom/office.


Okay, I'm not much of a yellow person, normally. But the rest of our house is filled with "calming colors", so I figured a cheery, gender-neutral color would be fun for a playroom.
What do you think? Too risky?
I could always go a little softer.

For the guest bathroom.
Just to bring some of the green upstairs without it being too overpowering.


Anyway, that's about all I've got.
Between being sick and trying to get Christmas stuff put away with a toddler running around, there hasn't been much else to blog about.
Hope everyone had a great NYE weekend!

1 comment:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love the paint colors you picked out. Since we don't own our current home I don't know if I could paint it but man would I love to. All the colors are super dark and dreary! Who picked them? Yuck!! I would love to paint every single room if I could!~