Before I say what I'm about to say (and make you think I'm a horrible mom), I do need to preface this by stating how much I hate seeing my boy sick. He's so so sweet natured, even when he's not feeling well.
However.
I kind of enjoyed spending the day cuddling on the couch with him, doing nothing but watching tv (I would've preferred a good little chick flick, but he insisted on Thomas and Curious George), a puzzle or two, and making him some peanut butter cookies. The days that I get to just relax and have a day to myself are few and far between... like maybe two or three times a year. I almost needed to take a day and just chill out. Not stress about how I'm going to keep Noah entertained, get him to eat his peas, or help him learn a new word/sign.
I got to spend a day rebooting in a sense. I've been running on empty, creatively, lately. I finally got some inspiration and motivation back. All while loving on my little boy.
Saturday morning, he woke up with a 102 fever, but by the afternoon, it was gone and never came back. In fact, he felt so great, he begged to go outside (even though it was fa-REEZING). After enough pleading, I bundled him up and let him out for about 15 minutes, just enough to pacify him.
I had to get a little creative to keep him indoors for the majority of the day, though.
Maybe y'all have seen this idea floating around Pinterest.
(there's no source listed)
Well, once I saw it, I knew Noah would love it.
Luckily, I grabbed a pack of glow sticks (bracelets) in the Dollar Spot section at Target a couple of days before, planning to do this very thing. After his fever had been gone long enough Saturday, I went ahead and gave it a whirl. Total hit.
We also did a little baking. Noah mostly just watches and waits. Sometimes I'll let him help me pour in the ingredients, but since he'd been sick, I figured it was a good idea to skip it.
(whether or not our recipe includes pumpkin is irrelevant. if the boy is willing to eat it and think it's a treat? I'm serving it.)
While the cookies were baking, Noah decided to do a little baking of his own. However, his technique is a little different.
***
I ended up catching his cold yesterday, which kind of stinks.
The biggest issue with me getting sick is that I reeeeally don't care what the house looks like. The last thing I feel like doing is laundry and vacuuming (both of which I actually did today). So for now, I've got random tissues lying around, and all I want to do is cuddle up under a blanket and watch mindless tv.
Be back tomorrow with, hopefully, a better put-together post.







1 comment:
He's such a good little helper in the kitchen! And I NEED to try the glowstick idea, EME WOULD FLIP!
Post a Comment