And yes, I have a kid, who you'd think would give me LOTS to write about... but really, it's all the same. Wake up, play, watch a little tv, eat, play, nap, play, eat, play, bath, bed. Throw in a few diaper changes, and you've pretty much got the gist.
***
I've lost my phone.
It's been missing since last Friday. See, this is why I don't have a fancy phone. I'm naturally scatterbrained, setting things down in random spots and forgetting where I put them. I've looked everywhere... under cushions, the car, diaper bags, everywhere.
I've called it over and over, hoping I'd hear it ringing somewhere. No such luck.
I refuse to give up, though. Because once I go to get a new one? I'll find this one.
**edited to add: I found it!... it was in the pocket of one of my favorite handbags. I'm so unorganized that when I'm actually organized, I lose things...**
***
Watching Noah around a bunch of other kids is entertaining.
We went to the local kids museum yesterday, and it was busting at the seams with toddlers and babies. Noah's not one to really do the "MINE!" thing, so when some other kid starts pitching a massive screaming hissy fit? He just stands and looks at them like, "Dude, what's your problem?"
And teaching a building full of toddlers to share and take turns? Oh, that's lots of fun.
I have to admit, I'm really proud of how well Noah plays with the other kids. Sure, he's a normal toddler and doesn't always understand why he's not entitled to every toy there. But when I see moments where Noah happily lets another kid drive the firetruck, and he's content to wait? Makes this momma proud.
(Noah thought these boys were the coolest... until they decided to do something boring, like play in one of the houses. Then Noah was done with them.)
He had a bit of a rough time yesterday, though. There were so many kids, he had a hard time getting to play with his favorite things. One of the wooden toys gave him a splinter, which resulted in a band-aid that he hated being on his finger.
(It was total coincidence I got this picture at the exact time he got a splinter. I promise I wasn't all, "Oh! Wait, sweetie! Let me document you getting hurt!"
Then he got tired and decided to hang out in the "3 & Under" area.
We met this little dollbaby when Noah was getting a band-aid. I think she liked him. :)
***
The other night, we had ourselves one of those really fun, completely random nights as a family. We stayed in, turned on some music, and danced. Brad attempted to do a little break-dancing (he used to break-dance in high school and college, so yes, he knows what he's doing. lol), which was pretty entertaining. I think Noah thought we lost our minds.
He had a good time, but he's used to a slower pace. So half the time Brad and I were dancing to some Akon, Noah was doing this...
***
I thought Noah's lethargy both at the museum and at home seemed a little odd. But he would still be normal and run around like a crazy kid. So I didn't worry too much. Just kept an eye on it. And my momma instinct was right. He woke up from a late nap yesterday evening with a temp of 101.6. Poor little guy. I should've known he was coming down with something when he was doing this at the kids' museum:
No other symptoms so far. He rubs his head/eyes/face sometimes, so I do wonder if he has a headache. I asked some of my mom friends, and it seems there's a virus going around and the only symptom is a really high fever for a couple of days. Several of my internet buds' kids have it right now. I swear the internet is contagious. It's not fair. Sure, we can pass along viruses, but we can't give each other food or hugs? Not cool.
Anyways, that's all I've got for now. If you need me, I'll be hanging out on the couch with little sickie.
Have a great weekend!
xoxo.









4 comments:
I hope Noah feels better soon. Whenever they are quiet for a day it usually means they are getting sick. I miss that too half the time!
Love your photos. You really got it down girl!
awww, hope your little guy feels better soon! and I really need to check if there are any kid-type museums around here. I know the boys would have a blast at something like that. And the break-dancing?? awesome. :)
That seems like the coolest place. Ever. Wish there was something like that near us.
I've also heard of this mysterious "virus" going around and have battled whether I should take my son to the park or not. The sickies are scary.
Great moves, Brad. One day Noah will appreciate it ;)
The little script signature in the corner of your pics -- how do you do that? I've just started seeing that all over blogs this week. Most of the photos I use in my blog come from other sources and I give them credit, but I would like to put a little marker on the photos that C2 takes for me.
Post a Comment