Wednesday, February 8, 2012

TV Talk

Because apparently, I've got writer's block.

Also, Madison (my little sister) ? This post involves a show that I never want you to watch, not until you're much much older. I'm afraid your perception of love and dating will be permanently damaged. Plus, mom will kill you.

First up... The Bachelor.
My girl Meagan usually does a post on Tuesdays, following The Bachelor, full of her thoughts on the episode. She's been a bit busy which is understandable, what with being in the middle of potty-training (among other things) and all. So I thought I'd hijack her idea and share my reactions. Hope that's okay with you, Meags.

Ben: I liked him a lot at first. He seemed super cute and real. Then he went all typical-male on us, got blindsided by a floozy/model, and completely lost all forms of comprehension. I mean, really, Ben? You know whoever you end up with in the end is going to be watching this, and it most likely will not be Courtney (oh please oh please oh please). Are you just a glutton for punishment? Because that's what's going to happen once your "future wife" sees you run off into the ocean with the girl everyone hates.

Courtney: Oh Courtney. Please stop whining about how boyfriends in the past didn't appreciate you and didn't treat you the way you wanted to be treated. I don't think anyone should be treated poorly, but so far your shallow tactics for "winning!" a boyfriend are a big indicator of what kind of relationships you've pursued. Just sayin'. Respect yourself, so that others will too. I'm sure somewhere in there lies a very nice girl. Try that approach. And for goodness' sakes, put some clothes on.

Jamie: First off, where did you come from? You were basically invisible in all of the other episodes. Secondly, that had to have been the most awkward moment ever. You know the kind of moment where you get embarrassed for the other person? Yeah, that.
Couple of things we can take away from this:
1. Do not give your potential significant other kissing instructions.
2. Do not wear a tight-fitting, short dress if you plan on riding a horse.

Kasie B: My favorite. Of course. She's sweet. Makes me worry this may be another "Molly and Melissa" moment. Because we all know ABC had nothing to do with that.
Other Casey: I get your strategy. I do. But didn't you think at some point this all would've come out? And really, ABC? Nicely played. Wait to throw the curve ball in the middle of the season.
Blakely: You thought you had that date in the bag, didn't you? Honestly, I thought you did too. I have to admit, I didn't like you much at first, even though I like rooting for my hometown girls. But you grew on me. Maybe you should move. Charlotte's single scene really isn't all that great. :/
Other girls: Nikki, I like you. I think you're cute. Emily, I'm glad you've kept your mouth shut about Courtney, for your own sake. You seem like a cool girl. I'm not really sure what to think of the rest of them, since they don't get much screen time. As far as I can tell, they're really cool, especially to avoid getting super catty with each other (as long as Courtney isn't involved). That's probably why they're not getting much face time. They're nice and don't make for great television.

Do you watch The Bachelor? What did you think?

Random other tv opinions...

The Big Bang Theory: I heart this show. Brad and I have been watching since the beginning. I still like the show, but I do have one complaint. They're normalizing the nerds. I adored Howard's insane outfits and super aggressive/chauvanistic womanizing tactics. And has anyone noticed how much Sheldon has changed from the 1st and 2nd seasons? He's certainly still weird, but much less odd than in the beginning.

How I Met Your Mother: Who doesn't love this show? Did yall watch the Christmas episode (where Robin finds out she can't have kids)? What did you think? Of course, it made me all teary. But I read where others didn't like it because it was too serious. The writers "took it too far". I personally like that they deal with real issues every once in a while. Of course, it wasn't very Christmas-y. :)

New Girl: Can Zooey do anything wrong? This show just gets better and better.

What are your favorites? Anything I should be watching that I'm not?

3 comments:

The Ranieri Family said...

Can I just say, I had to fast forward that incredibly awkward moment between Jamie and Ben! I couldn't even watch!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I don't watch any of those shows. I'm OBSESSED with Revenge. Best show ever!!!

Dani In NC said...

The Bachelor: I have never watched it so I am totally skipping that bit.

The Big Bang Theory: I was just discussing this with one of my girls. I like the fact that some of the characters have evolved -- for instance, it would have been weird for Penny to spend so much time with geeks and still act like she didn't know "Star Trek" -- but now it feels like they don't have much of anywhere to go with the show. I particularly don't like the way they seem to be turning Penny into a wino.

I have never watched HIMYM, but my teens love it. My girls also love New Girl, but for me that is cringe humor and I can't laugh at it. Watching it just makes me uncomfortable.