Holy cow, y'all.
I don't know how many of you bother checking the forecast for other areas (maybe you mommas looking for entertainment on the weather channel while nursing?), but it is still unseasonably warm and gorgeous. I mean, it's just now February. What in the world.
And even though I love winter... with its cozy fires, hot chocolate, blankets, and the anticipation of possible snow... Spring happens to be my favorite season. I used to think it was winter, because of Christmas. Then I thought Fall, because I look better in Fall clothes. And I toyed with Summer, since I like the beach.
But Brad assured me that Spring is most definitely my favorite season. So while I still wish we'd get some snow before April, I'm not complaining about where we're at right now. Because really, unless it's going to snow, there's no reason for it to be that cold.
Noah has certainly been enjoying it.
He's asked to go outside every day, first thing in the morning, for the last week. And he gets annoyed that we have to bother putting on pants first. The slacker in me doesn't have a problem with him playing outside in his pj's, but he only has two pair of pj pants that still fit. I'd like to avoid washing them every day if at all possible.
Anyway, he has been SO.HAPPY.
He'll spend all day out there, if I let him. He even skipped his nap yesterday because of it. We tried everything to get him to go down, and all he wanted to do was play.
Consequently, he was passed out on the couch by 8:15 last night, his little legs just a twitchin', dreaming of running, like a puppy.
It's no secret my boy is all boy.
In fact, I'm pretty sure if the dictionary people finally decided to add a picture to each word, my boy would be in the running for "boy".
Wiping his nose with his arm.
Pocket hanging out.
Dirt on his clothes.
Unkempt hair.
Rock band T-shirt (courtesy of his momma, of course).
And of course, there's the fascination with trucks...
...complete with plumber's crack.
Poor kid, he can't help it.
He gets it from his mom.
It's no secret my boy is all boy.
In fact, I'm pretty sure if the dictionary people finally decided to add a picture to each word, my boy would be in the running for "boy".
Wiping his nose with his arm.
Pocket hanging out.
Dirt on his clothes.
Unkempt hair.
Rock band T-shirt (courtesy of his momma, of course).
And of course, there's the fascination with trucks...
...complete with plumber's crack.
Poor kid, he can't help it.
He gets it from his mom.
The boy cracks me up consistently. The things he finds amusing is fascinating.
He recently decided that the dogs are the coolest things ever.
He wants them to run with him so bad. Unfortunately, we spent the last two years teaching the pups to be gentle around Noah. Flash accidentally knocked Noah over a couple of weeks ago, and he knew he was in trouble.
So now that Noah wants them to run around with him, they pretty much ignore him. Oh sure, they'll kiss him and trot around him some. But I'm working on teaching them it's okay to play, as long as they're easy about it.
Bubbles have also become a big hit recently.
He constantly brings the container to me... and yes, just to me.
Apparently, Brad doesn't blow bubbles the right way.
He loves to run through a cloud of them. And sometimes, he'll stop and want me to blow bubbles right in his face. Which makes these faces all the more confusing... as if he's afraid they may gang up and bite him or something.
And as always, the sand is still a big hit.
Yesterday, Noah overcame one of his biggest challenges...
climbing up a ladder.
Except?
This is as far as he got...
And then he wasn't sure what to do with himself.
It's a total confidence thing.
Because if he can go up one step, he can certainly go up two more.
However, just to encourage him, I gave him lots of, "Look at you! You're such a BIG boy!"
Which I think worked, because he gave me the, "Why yes. I am a big boy" look.
"But mom? Do you mind putting down the camera and helping me up?"
"Thanks..."
And that's what we've been up to this week.
Have a fantastic, relaxing, Super Bowl weekend!
He recently decided that the dogs are the coolest things ever.
He wants them to run with him so bad. Unfortunately, we spent the last two years teaching the pups to be gentle around Noah. Flash accidentally knocked Noah over a couple of weeks ago, and he knew he was in trouble.
So now that Noah wants them to run around with him, they pretty much ignore him. Oh sure, they'll kiss him and trot around him some. But I'm working on teaching them it's okay to play, as long as they're easy about it.
Bubbles have also become a big hit recently.
He constantly brings the container to me... and yes, just to me.
Apparently, Brad doesn't blow bubbles the right way.
He loves to run through a cloud of them. And sometimes, he'll stop and want me to blow bubbles right in his face. Which makes these faces all the more confusing... as if he's afraid they may gang up and bite him or something.
And as always, the sand is still a big hit.
Yesterday, Noah overcame one of his biggest challenges...
climbing up a ladder.
Except?
This is as far as he got...
And then he wasn't sure what to do with himself.
It's a total confidence thing.
Because if he can go up one step, he can certainly go up two more.
However, just to encourage him, I gave him lots of, "Look at you! You're such a BIG boy!"
Which I think worked, because he gave me the, "Why yes. I am a big boy" look.
"But mom? Do you mind putting down the camera and helping me up?"
"Thanks..."
Have a fantastic, relaxing, Super Bowl weekend!

















3 comments:
So so adorable! I love the pic with the pocket hanging out- captures that boy essence perfectly! :)
Gorgeous photos and Noah looks like he had so much fun. We need warmer weather...send some back up here would ya?
Noah has the bluest eyes!!
Post a Comment