Many of you may have already seen this video.
Several of my deaf buds on FB have posted it. The first time I watched it, it brought tears to my eyes. What a fantastic mommy this little girl has. Parenting to deaf children has come such a long way. It wasn't that long ago, they would send deaf children to special schools so they'd learn how to speak instead of teaching the parents how to sign. One of my deaf friends (my sister's Godfather) had a very rough experience growing up deaf with a hearing family. So to see this made me all kinds of happy.
The world is becoming more accepting of their language and culture, which is awesome.
And if Noah never learns to actually speak, and this is how we communicate? I'm cool with it. I doubt that will happen, but still. It really is beautiful to watch.
2 comments:
Wow! That's amazing and so cute :)
awww, that is beautiful!
Post a Comment