Tuesday, March 27, 2012

fiddlyfart

- My SIL decided to stay with my inlaws instead of us. Not that she doesn't like us or anything. But she (and my FIL) were worried that our foldout couch wouldn't provide enough support for her (and would make it harder to move around with a cast). So I'm still around... able to comment and blog. :)

- I have become addicted to a game on my phone. Actually, it's not even MY phone, because MY phone doesn't even have a data package. Brad upgraded his phone to something even fancier (some kind of droid 4G something-or-other that he got for next to nothing). I got his old one. It's connected to our wi-fi so I get to play games on it during the day (when at home). Anyway, I'm totally addicted to Draw Something. It cracks me up. Do you play? My username is meandmyboys1.

- I made a huge parenting mistake last night. In an effort to get Noah to wake up earlier (so we could go to church this morning for our classes), I tried to keep him up all day yesterday in order for him to go to bed early. My mistake? He played out in the sun, which completely drained him. He passed out on the couch at 6:30 and treated it as a nap. So yeah. My plan totally backfired. We didn't get to sleep until 1am. Needless to say, it's 10:30, he's asleep, and I'm in my pj's. I'm really bummed, because we were supposed to be doing cute Easter craft stuff. I'd actually been looking forward to it all week. Man, kids are pros at screwing up plans, aren't they?

- Our spring/summer storms have officially begun. Over the weekend, they brought all sorts of wind and hail and stuff. I don't share much about where I live. But you have to see this:

This was taken by a local photographer (Chris Austin) and minimally processed (basically the contrast was enhanced for a more vivid image, but nothing was added... the rainbow, clouds, etc are all real). The fuzzy gray part under the rainbow? That's hail. Awesome, isn't it??
I love that this gorgeous skyline is home for me. :)

Happy Tuesday!

(ps. I've got a post up today over at The Poop Whisperer. Go check it out, especially if you like strawberries.)

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That picture is insane! It looks like it has to be fake. Wow!!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I was into draw something hardcore for about a week. Then I had 32 games going, it stressed me out beyond belief and I deleted the app. I'm weird like that.

Dani In NC said...

I was so surprised when you showed up in my Draw Something queue because I thought you didn't play games.