I heard him make a weird noise and looked up. He wasn't crying but was looking at me with a weird look. He started running towards me with his hands held out at me. I immediately jumped up and met him halfway.
Ants.
Ants everywhere. He had grabbed what he thought was two fist fulls of dirt. Turns out, he grabbed two fist fulls of a newly formed ant colony. They were crawling all over his hands and biting the daylights out of him. He started whimpering as I frantically swiped them off and stripped him down in the back yard.
Our area is notorious for ants. The kind that don't go away. You think you've killed them, but NO. They just move. I make it a habit to inspect for them while Noah's out. This hill wasn't even a hill yet.
These boogers messed with the wrong family.
After taking care of Noah, I headed out with a gallon of straight bleach. I bleach bombed those suckers, and their neighbors too. And I don't care what anyone has to say about "they were just defending their homes, protecting themselves, blahblahblah". They bit my kid. Mercilessly. All's fair in this war now.
As I typically do when Noah's had a rough time, gets hurt, etc. I do something fun to make up for it. Something special to balance the day out.
Remember those St Patty's Day cupcakes we made? Well, they came in handy.
I handed him the container and let him at it. No worries, he didn't get a tummy ache. He doesn't actually eat the whole cupcake. He's like his momma and prefers the frosting.
So what cures the sting of ant bites?
Double fisting cupcakes.
What else helps?
Letting him do something I'm very consistent about in this parenting thing. No feet on the table.
At this point? I figured I'd be a cool mom and just let him do whatever. I'll go back to being tough when his hands aren't hurting anymore.





9 comments:
First of all that stinks about the ants biting him. I'm glad you bombed them!! His poor little hands. Are they better today?
Second, he looks so happy eating those cupcakes! You are a cool mom. I would've done the same thing!
Omg those little ant bastards! I would So do the same thing!!!!! And also I always overcompensate for things like boo-boo's and areas where I feel bad, hahaha ;) win!
Oh my goodness! How is he today? Those little buggers HURT!
Oh my goodness! How is he today? Those little buggers HURT!
Poor babe!!!!
I think double fisting cupcakes cures just about everything!
Every time L has to miss out on something b/c of his allergies, I overcompensate with a toy. And good job going mama bear on those jerky ants.
Those awful things hurt, I'm so thankful it is not worse, it's not good but thankful that you were able to get them off!!!!
I only eat the icing, it's the best part!!! I hope that the bites/stings heal quickly!!!
Poor dude.
I hate ants. HATE. They give me the heebies. We get them around here too, the kind that make a colony in the mulch and flower beds. I boil water and pour it on those beds twice a week, without fail.
Post a Comment