Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Weekend

You're going to have to be patient with me in this post.
My brain is kind of a pile of mush at the moment, so all them big learnin' words are escapin' me.
Instead, I think I'll just narrate in pictures.

Friday.
Our girls' Bible study group celebrated my little sister's birthday. The girls actually got there way before I did (I was still waiting on the husband to get home from work). My mom got Madison out of the house, while the girls sneaked in and decorated the rec room upstairs. Once they heard my mom pull in the driveway, they all hid. As they walked in the house, my mom asked my sister if she had shut the rec room door. She answered no. Then my mom asked, "Who shut the blinds up here?? Madison, will you go open them?" My sister refused to go up. She could hear rustling up there and thought someone had broken in. She made my parents go up first. Ha! Needless to say, she was pretty shocked (and relieved) that her friends went to all that trouble to throw her a surprise party. :)
We held off on doing a lesson that night and just had a good time. Cupcakes, pizza, Cheetos... enough to make me feel queasy thinking about it. But it was a lot of fun. The party continues after I left, but I did hear they decided to at least stop and pray for people before the night ended.

Playing balloon volleyball...


(those are streamers they turned into headbands)



St Patty's Day.
We didn't do any parades. But we did make some green cupcakes!
Thanks to my friend Meagan for the idea. :)



Everything in between.
We kept things pretty simple this weekend. Brad cut the grass, I weeded our veggie garden (less than a month before it's officially safe to plant!), and Noah did a whole lot of this...
 

 

 (we're serious about our sandbox work around here...)


Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

 


Sunday Snapshot

2 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Sounds fun!! I want to start planting too but I think it's too early for us.

Jess said...

Ohhhhh. The sprinkler photo! I love that. So much.