I'm not one to be super excited about hot weather. Because when it's hot here? It's HOT. The humidity just gets ridiculous. But the last few days have been perfect. If summer could be like this all of the time? I'd be in heaven.
I literally just spent the last 2.5 hours hanging out on the patio, feeling the warm breeze, watching my kid play in the sprinkler, and sipping on a smoothie. Life is good.
Pretty sure all that was missing was the ocean (we've already got some sand), but I had to be content with the sound of the birds singing all around our yard. It's a rough life.
The last couple of days, the temps have reached the mid-80's, which means it's time to turn on the hose, sprinkler, and water toys. He literally stayed outside last night, completely soaked and lovin' it, until after dark. He also wants to take a bath ALL the time.
The other night, I was in the kitchen wiping down the counters. Noah was supposed to be chillin' out upstairs, coloring and watching Thomas. So when I heard the water pipes making some noise, I darted to his bathroom. He was sitting in the tub, in his pajamas, with the water running and playing with a toy. He had already had one bath that day. Apparently, he didn't feel clean enough. Thankfully, he didn't turn on the hot water... actually, it was just right. Needless to say, we're getting a child lock for that door.
I realized I haven't done a "what we've been up to" type post in a while. And we've got long-distance family and friends who'd probably like one of those instead of reading another post of my rambling.
So here it is...
Birthdays.
We're up to our ears in March birthdays.
Actually, today is my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday, Mom!).
Recently, we celebrated my nephew's birthday. He had a small party with a few friends. Noah was loving the attention, crawling up next to
Kalyb is amazing with little kids. He loves hanging out with Noah. I think it's adorable.
We also did some partyin' at my grandparents' house last weekend. My granddaddy turned 82! We really are blessed to have so many family members live so long. My great-grandmothers lived to be 97. So yeah, it's nice to have all that extra time with them.
Monkey Joe's.
We took Noah back last week, just so Brad could see him in action. This place makes him so happy!
I know this one is a little blurry, but look at Noah's face.
He was playing some other kid and was having so much fun. :)
And look who went down the big slide with his daddy!
Great Outdoors.
And as I mentioned earlier, we've been spending plenty of time outside. I can barely get anything done inside because Noah begs to go out as soon as he gets up.
And that's it! :)
Have a happy weekend!
I'm sure I know what we'll be doing.
I'm sure I know what we'll be doing.



















2 comments:
We've been having insanely nice weather here too. Henry and Keira do not want to come inside either. We have a "backyard" a quarter the size of yours so I've been treking them to the park every day.
These photos are so cute I can't stand it!! I love the 2 you got of Noah looking at you and esp the last one.
I'm so excited for my lens!! I bought the same one you did. Now lets see if I can take a picture half as good as yours!!!
We totally need to buy a sprinkler! I know we don't have much of a front yard, but I think brin would love running through it. It has been soooo hot here too. Like all of a sudden it jumps into the 80's and it only gets hotter from here....so help me.
Post a Comment