Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SO WHAT Wednesday...

SO WHAT if...

- I count it if Noah says "ah-ter" for the first time, several times, as him talking. Even if he doesn't say it again the next day (happened last night... crossing my fingers it wasn't a fluke)

- I didn't start potty training this week, like I said I would. I forgot we were planning on making a lot of trips this week, since Brad has another weekend off (two in a row!! hollaaaa!!).

- I think it's stupid when a speech therapist tries to get my very squirmy, busy, only-into-cars-and-trucks son to feed a baby doll. As far as I'm concerned, him not wanting to feed a doll has nothing to do with his cognitive skills... it has more to do with the fact that he's totally uninterested. He'll pretend feed me, or his playdoh cookie monster. But a baby doll? Not interested.

- I clean best when I know people are coming over. The house could be trashed for days, but if I know somebody's coming? They'll think I'm freakin' Martha Stewart... floors mopped, windows washed, candles lit. I'm such a poser.

- I ate my stress away yesterday. I plan on not eating for the next two days to make up for it. Just kidding. I'm sure I can survive off of zero point food for awhile. Right?

- I'm never on time for anything. I can't help it. I get it from my momma. My dad, however, is Mr Punctual. Not sure why I didn't get that gene.

What are you SO WHAT-ing today?? :)

7 comments:

teamcowan said...

So what if...
-Quinn is staying home from preschool because he "supposedly" doesn't feel good. I think he's probably well enough to go to school, but oh well. I guess we'll have a lazy day.

-Our dryer is not working. I'm sick of walking around the pile of laundry in the hall, so I'm washing it. And we'll most likely have clothes hanging in all the doorways of the house for the rest of the day (good thing about living in Utah - no humidity. clothes hang dry super fast).

Also - I too am a total poser when it comes to the cleanliness of our house. If I know someone is stopping by I straighten up the living room and put all the toys away. If we're having a party or something, I clean TOP TO BOTTOM. But that's really the only time I REALLY clean. Otherwise I just clean stuff here and there.

One more thing - On the potty training..... my sister that has 6 kids (5 of them boys) swears by waiting till they're 3 1/2. And I've never had success with either of my boys till they were at least that old (in fact, Max will be 4 in July and is still struggling with it). I'm just giving you a heads up in case it doesn't stick. Don't feel defeated yet. But I hope that's not the case for your little man. Maybe he'll catch on like a champ and it'll be smooth sailing! That would be fantastic! I just know for me? I hate potty training...... I hate it, I hate it, I hate it....... Good luck! ;)

Carrin said...

Same way about cleaning here! Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) I have a husband that feels the exact same way!

Michelle said...

I literally LOL'ed. Our house is up for sale and I am a master of waiting until someone is actually coming to look at the house before cleaning...I don't want to waste the time!

Sassytimes said...

Ha! I'm a clean house poser too. Oops. ;)

I also eat away my stress, which is why I can't drop the baby weight. Bah.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I'm a total house poser as well!!

So Loved Sisters said...

I can't believe you said our mother is never on time...she would be quite angry;)

Dani In NC said...

I contend that most people are house posers, at least the ones who live full lives. Only people who have nothing else more interesting in their lives can spend all day cleaning the house from top to bottom and then starting again tomorrow.

My eldest daughter wasn't interested in baby dolls or any other toys. She only wanted to mess with real stuff -- telephones, yarn, spoons, books, computers.