Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Real



Wanna know what's "real"?
Writer's block.
I hate it. I have like 5 different posts just hanging out, half way completed. I sit down to type, and? Nothing. Nada. Totally blank.

***

It's 40 out today. It's what I get for bragging about our sunny and 80 afternoons last week.

***

I don't like budgeting.
In all actuality, I'm pretty good at it. I paid for our honeymoon, without any help from Brad. I've never over drafted my account, and I always paid my bills. That was back when I worked, and the majority of my money was just for me. Now that I have to share? Such a buzz kill. I keep looking at all these adorable sun hats and sandals and springy dresses... all perfect for our Kiawah trip. And then I remember that we need dog food. And nice shoes for Noah (because going to church or out to eat in mud covered shoes is just not cool). I'm ready for the economy to resuscitate itself.

***

Anybody else ever get these great crafty/educational/play ideas for your kid, only for them to be totally unimpressed?

***

Noah has picked up the word "Yum" from somewhere. I've made countless attempts at teaching him, "Mmmmm!! That's yummy!" or something like that. But last night, he tasted a muffin I made for him and kept walking around saying, "UM". I thought maybe it was just a fluke. Then he randomly started saying, "UM" again, then went and grabbed the bag of chocolate chips. Little man knows exactly what he's talking about. :)

***

I'm going to try potty training this week.
I'm scared.

***

In case this post wasn't quite entertaining enough, I do have another one over here. I'm officially a regular contributor now and will be posting recipes and food related type things. Funny enough, writer's block doesn't seem to apply to food for me. That's kind of sad.

4 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I wrote 3 diff posts this morning. None of them were working. I know the feeling. ick!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Amen amen girl.

I agree with ya, having 2 incomes was such a luxury. Now being in school and ry working, it is hard making ends meet sometimes, but we always seem to find a way. I bought Brin some new church shoes too. She grows out of shoes every 6 months and it was only a matter of time. Check out zulily! I got brin 2 pairs of retail $50 shoes for $9 each. It is a fun site and ships fast.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Good luck potty training!

Dani In NC said...

My girls share a lot of my taste in music and movies, but it all seems almost accidental. They like something because they walk in and sit down while I'm listening to or watching it. Either that or they discover artists on their own and find out later that I liked the same artists when I was their age. When I bring something to them and say, "Hey, I think you'll love this!", it usually is met with a lukewarm reception.