Okay, so I found out my SIL isn't coming until Saturday.
I'm actually looking forward to it. She's fun, and unlike Brad, she will be easier to corner in a room and force her to play board games with me. Y'know, with the cast on her foot and all.
Anyway, tonight we all headed out to Target for a little bit of family shopping. Target is my "happy place", so to have us all there together makes it that much better.
While there, I wanted to look at some puzzles for Noah (because he's really into puzzles right now). Upon entering the aisle, I told Brad that there's a certain toy I want him to look at, but do NOT under any circumstances touch it, pick it up, or draw attention to it in any way. It was a big Thomas the Tank Engine toy that says all the cute little sayings when you push it... but it's like $20. I had been considering it as an Easter gift, but I wanted an okay from Brad first. So Noah and I are checking out a puzzle when I hear, "Bust my buffers!" Noah whips his head around and proceeds to reach for Thomas.
I gave Brad a look.
We let Noah play with it for a few minutes. Turns out, even though he liked it, he was really interested in the little car-type Thomas toys instead. When we put everything back, guess what Noah did.... nothing. Not one peep. Just accepted that we put it back and that was it.
And oh my GOSH. We are such pushovers. It made us want to buy him one even more, just for being such an incredible kid. Plus, he's been through a lot with the ants and stuff. (I swear, I counted at least 52 ant bites on his right hand. umm... overcompensate much?). So yeah. Little man now has a cool Percy engine. At least that one was only $6 instead of $20.
So then we mosey on over to the cute toddler clothes section to look at Easter outfit ideas.
Of course, I head straight for the gingham clip-on ties and little newsboy hats. I may not have a girl to dress in all the frills and hair-bows, but we boy-moms get to have our fun too. The problem with Noah and hats? His head is off the charts. Actually, Noah and I have the same size head. No joke.
So we went to the little kid section and had some fun.
(sorry for the crappy cell pics)
[see Percy on the right? :)]
Then I found this one:
I suddenly had visions of Noah struttin' along the hallways in church wearing a fedora. Brad then got another look. A very different look. A "please please let our kid look awesome??!!" look.
Yeah.
Noah is now the coolest kid I've ever seen. I mean, he was before, but this just
Dude's got swag.
And in case you didn't believe me when I told you Noah and I have the same size head:
Yep. Combine my small head with Noah's abnormally large Kemper head, and I have a hat buddy! :)
**Update on Noah's hands**
They're getting a little better. But this was what they looked like yesterday.
Poor baby.




3 comments:
I am proud of Noah for his non-reaction too! Emeline is the same. All I have to say is "Say bye to Minnie!" or "say bye to Dora", she waves and says bye, and the item remains on the shelf. So far? No breakdowns. One day they'll come, maybe? But for now I'm happy she's pretty okay with just leaving the things I'm not ready to buy. But like you, kinda just makes me wanna buy her more stuff, ha. And love the fedora on him :) Too cute.
Evan had an "incident" with ants on the Fourth of July when we were waiting for fireworks. I swear - it took about two weeks for 15 or so bites he had to go away. I think the fedora will make for a memorable Easter. I'm hoping to shove Evan in a bow tie!
His poor hands :( Oh my goodness that hurts me!!!
Audra tells me that she "likes" this and she "likes" this and usually we don't have meltdowns but we do say no a lot. Then I have special nights where I take her and she gets to pick out something.
Post a Comment