Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Confessions

- I've decided that I'll be boycotting Facebook during the election this Fall. Yesterday, we had our primaries here; part of it including a hot button issue. And holy political craziness batman. My FB feed was on fire with people declaring their stance, which resulted in people debating and arguing and calling each other's "Christian" beliefs into question. And that was happening on BOTH sides of the fence. Christians who didn't vote the way people wanted them to were suddenly "not very Christian" anymore. Basically, they were acting like a bunch of toddlers who were incapable of stating a decent, factual argument, so they resorted to name calling and questioning people's moral convictions instead.
I've decided I like FB a whole lot more when people aren't fighting. When they're just sharing how nice the weather out is, announcing engagements and pregnancies, and showing off their vacation pictures. Simple stuff. Happy stuff. There's enough going on in the world to depress me without FB ridiculousness adding on to it.
Want to know what my post was when the results were in? When the entire state of NC was still going at it on Facebook?


I thought a few people could use the distraction. :)

- I have zero desire to ever become a "big" blogger. It looks like too much pressure. Always worrying about the next post, making sure you have pictures lined up, or stressing that you didn't get around to that craft you planned to blog about. No thank you.

- I secretly want to be a homeschool mom.
Growing up, I said I'd never do it. Some of my best friends were homeschooled, and it just seemed so lonely to me. No class birthdays or school parties. No wacky color days. Snow days didn't mean anything, because they were already home anyway. And while my friends were pretty cool, the majority of homeschool kids seemed kind of... well... odd. Socially inept. And don't even get me started on the moms. Ever see Michelle Duggar's rockin' look before the TLC stylists got a hold of her? Wow. Holy frumptastic. But it seems that, for the most part, those stereotypes are disappearing.
They've formed groups, so kids get to socialize and have a kind of "class". A lot of the moms are actually normal! Heck, the pioneer woman does it, and I'd classify her as normal... aside from living on a ranch, writing a bestseller, and landing her own Food Network gig of course.
After Noah was born, I got bit by the homeschool bug... I suddenly wanted to watch my kid learn. I wanted to take him to actually see birds at a local sanctuary instead of read about them in a book. I wanted to do weird science experiments in the kitchen and teach him fractions by baking. Now that he's been diagnosed with autism, I don't know what that means for my little dream. I can already tell you that the psychologist poo-pooed on the idea when I asked. I can certainly understand, nor do I think I can take the place of an actual therapist. Nor would I discontinue any therapies he'd need. But I can't even tell you how amazing it feels when I see this sense of pride radiate across his face when he's accomplished something new. And the fact that it was ME that got to teach him?? Makes my heart so happy. We obviously have a while before we have to decide anything. Who knows what the future holds for us.

- I've been having to fight off some serious baby cravings lately.
All these pregnant friends of mine are making it hard not to want another one. And while I'm being completely honest, I'd love to have a girl next.
We were at the park on Friday, and the cutest, most petite little twin girls walked over to Noah. They were 3 and 1/2 and half his size. They asked me all these questions about him... what his name was, can he talk, and what's he doing. It made me want a little mini-me.
I even have names picked out already; one that both Brad and I are pretty much sold on. And it sounds adorable along with Noah's name. Don't get me wrong; I would adore a little boy just as much. I think it'd be fun for Noah to have a little brother. And boys are so stinkin' fun.
But either way, we're not quite ready yet. I want to get Noah's therapy stuff squared away before we add another one to the mix. I'd also like to NOT have to change TWO sets of diapers all day. And I'm not ready for the nausea and swelling and 24/7 heartburn. No thanks. Not yet. In the meantime, I'm living vicariously through friends. But man, those tiny pink flowery shoes are screaming at me to buy them.

No comments: