Thursday, June 7, 2012

Confessions.

- Ever since blogger changed their layout, I forget to add labels to my posts. Even though it says "Labels" very clearly right next to this little block I'm typing in right now. My brain is weird.

- I am one of the .00000001% of women in the US (because let's face it, women in other countries don't seem to care) that cannot go a single day without shaving out of preference. It bothers me to no end to feel stubble on my legs or armpits or anywhere else. It makes me feel grody. 

- Along those lines, I wash my hair every day.
I didn't realize I was in the minority with that one until a friend of mine asked FB friends to chime in on the matter. While I hear it's healthier for your hair to go a day in between washing, there's NO way I can do that. My hair would look nasty and very UNhealthy. It's so fine that if I run my fingers through it during the day, by the time nighttime comes around, it needs a wash. And I can't use conditioner. I only use it on the bottom half of my hair every couple of weeks. Otherwise, it'd look gross.

- I get tired of being strapped for cash. Most days I can walk around all, "I'm satisfied with the hand-me-downs and only a handful of nice shoes, as long as we have each other..." But some days? Some days I get tired of worrying if I'll be using too much gas to get to the grocery store and how will that affect our other errands and things are tight this month and I really need a new pair of yoga pants that aren't too baggy and don't have a bleach stains. It's not like that all of the time, and I certainly can appreciate how blessed we really are. Just some days are harder than others.

- Noah stole my toothbrush. I didn't have a spare, so instead of forgoing brushing my teeth (because EW), I just ran it under some hot water. I mean, it's better than using Brad's. At least Noah and I share the same DNA. Still. I'm going to buy a new one today.


- The "Fever" has officially hit our home. No, not baby fever. Bieber fever. I held out as long as I possibly could. Before now, I thought he was a talented kid and his music was kind of catchy, but that was it. His latest song though? The "Boyfriend" song? I downloaded it and have hit "repeat" more times than I'd like to admit.

- I've been letting Noah eat sour cream and onion Pringles for breakfast. He is so his daddy's boy and doesn't really like sweet stuff in the morning. Every once in a while he'll have some toast. He wants something salty, and I can't get him to eat eggs lately. So Pringles it is.

Running wasn't doing a thing for losing weight for me. And I figure why do something I hate if it's not working, right? So I quit for now. However, I've gotten back on the strength training, and I ended up losing 3 lbs overnight. Kind of makes me want to kick myself for not doing it earlier.

Got anything you want to confess? :)

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I don't wash my hair everyday. But definitely every other day or it will look greasy. With you on that feeling of "oh, I'm fine with wearing clothes still from high school. I love rotating through the same 3 shirts. At least Brinley looks cute and we are all healthy." MOST days, yes, I chant that montra. But other days, I just wanna go run into the Gap and buy whatever I want, and get some new shoes from Nordstroms without blinking an eye. SOMEDAY. someday.

Laurin said...

You're not alone in labels- I have had to go back and add them multiple times. I also don't like that I cannot open multiple tabs from blogger and am now forced to use google reader. Sigh. It's the little things right?

I used to wash my hair everyday, I felt disgusting otherwise. Then I started every other day, and now? It's every 3-4. Once your hair gets used to it, it's not so bad. It took me awhile to build up to 3-4 days though! Have you tried dry shampoo at all? It does work.