While trying to help him out, my foot slipped on one of the blocks, and I felt a familiar pop in my foot. I had sprained my ankle really bad, and holy crap does it hurt. The worst part was that Noah and I were stuck in an inflatable bouncy house. Thank God Brad was with us. I don't have a clue as to how we would've gotten out of there without him.
Told y'all I'm clumsy. Leave it to me to get injured in a soft, inflatable bouncy house.
Poor Noah realized something was wrong once he saw Brad come after us. Brad said he kept looking at him, then back at me. Finally, Noah did the only thing he knew to comfort me... he sat on me.
We managed to get out of there thankfully. I proceeded to hop my way to the car, since Brad was holding on to Noah.
I ended up messing up the ligaments that connect my ankle to my last two or three toes. It's all swollen and bruised on the side and top of my foot. After a bunch of ib profin, it's doing a lot better this morning.
***
Noah is going through a really weird phase right now.
He's really lethargic... he doesn't want to go anywhere or do anything. He'll still run around the house occasionally, but he mostly just wants to lay around and watch tv.
He's also not eating much. This part makes me feel terrible, but it's not just the GF stuff he's refusing. He's pushing away peanut butter (which is loves), ice cream (the soy kind that he gobbled up last week), popsicles, and all of his other normal favorites. All he wants to eat are chips.
I'm hoping this phase passes soon, because it's stressing me out.
***
Saturday night, I got to celebrate my sweet friend Stephanie's 30th birthday. I grew up with the majority of the people there. It was so fun to see everyone and throw a party for this amazing girl. She's such a sweetheart and a great friend.
It's a tad blurry, but I'm glad we got this one of us!
***
I also got to do a photo session with a sweet family on Sunday.
I swear I'll be so happy when we're out of the summer months. About midway through summer, I'm always yearning for some cool weather, pumpkins, and getting back into my favorite Fall clothes.
Most of all, it'll be nice not to look like I took a dive in a pool after a session is over. I have never sweated this much in my life. I purposely wore pants, though. I knew we'd be on a farm, and I made the mistake of wearing shorts before, which resulted in my legs getting all cut up. I gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "hot mess".
But I'm still happy with how to photos turned out.
We did these at their family's farm. Actually, their cousins run a equine therapy business, using horses for occupational and physical therapy. It's an awesome company.
***
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!















2 comments:
Pooh Noah. Maybe he has a bug of some kind? Henry had the "runs" for over a week but he is back to normal now. Kids act lethargic when they are sick. He will be better and eating again in a couple days!
Love those photos of that family. I saw them on FB and was drooling. You are so talented!
Aww, I'm sorry Noah isn't feeling well and your foot- ouch!!!
Those pictures are fantastic! what a gorgeous place for photos- love the shots you got! :)
Post a Comment