I ended up catching Noah's tummy bug Tuesday night (which is my excuse for being so quiet this week). I was hoping after a few days, I was in the clear, but obviously not. And while I was so bummed about missing out on July 4th fun, I was really bummed that I had to miss out on Noah's first OT appointment that morning. Brad took this week off from work for his birthday and the 4th, so he (and our nephew Kalyb who spent the night with us) went with Noah (more on all that later). The only plus side is that I finally made my way back into the 120's. Now if I can just live off of Saltines and Gatorade for the next few days, maybe I can keep it that way. ;)
Thankfully, we had gotten our fill of cookouts, festivals, and fireworks over the weekend. In case you were hiding under a rock last week, you know our area was hit with an insane heat wave. I don't ever remember it being this hot before. Stepping outside was like hitting a big wall of heat. The highest temp I saw on our car was 110 (and that was while driving, not just sitting in the sun). Sunday morning, it was already 93 at 9am. Ridiculous.
Anyway, our little town threw a big July 4th party over the weekend, complete with fireworks on Friday and Sunday.
Friday night, we headed to the festival after it cooled down to a reasonable 95 degrees. :)
The place was packed. I didn't even know we had that many people in our area!
The streets were filled with music, dancing, and lots and lots of people.
One of my friends from high school was in town visiting, so we met up. I hadn't seen her since our reunion, and I'd never met her older two babies. So that was fun. :)
I was so impressed with the fireworks!
We got the best view, and Noah LOVED them.
Saturday, we decided to go visit my grandmother (Mom's mom). She lives almost an hour away from us, so we don't get to see her as often. My little brother came with us, and we made a night of it. I know it made her happy to have all of us there. It was one of those really perfect evenings where nothing was really planned. The guys helped her in the yard, Noah played with the hose, and we just had a lazy summer day.
(Noah found my brother's dog tags. Noah looooves his Uncle Harrison)
(Noah has loved her wind chimes since he was tiny)
After getting completely soaked, we let Noah have a taste of real summertime freedom. :)
Once we got his clothes dry, we headed on over to the local rodeo/festival they were having. It was really crowded, but we found a perfect spot on the side of the road to park, next to the field they were shooting the fireworks off from.
And just when you thought we'd gotten enough of fireworks?
We turned around and did it again on Sunday. Our nephew Kalyb joined us, along with my brother and his girlfriend.
So even though I didn't get to join in the fun on the actual 4th, I'd say I still got plenty of celebrating in.
***
As for the July 4th plague, I'm feeling much better, but now Brad has it. It always worries me a little when Brad gets these things. His immune system isn't as tough as it should be, but so far, he seems to be okay. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a ton of laundry and Lysoling to get to. ;)

















4 comments:
No fun being sick!!! Cute pictures though!! Kids running in their diaper/undies always make me laugh.
I hope the heat has settled down a bit too! It picked up here and we've been having 100's the past few days. Yikes. Wayyyy too hot to do anything!
Sorry you were so sick :( That is AWFUL! and geesh, Noah is so big these days--like a little man!
Such great pictures!!! So glad that y'all were able to enjoy the weekend!!!
Congrats on the 120's!!!
I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm glad Brad is doing OK too.
I love the photos!! Noah is getting so tall. You look gorgeous mommy!
Post a Comment