The night before his actual birthday, he fell asleep around 9:30pm. At 11pm, he woke up. And not just for a few minutes, but for 6 hours. Yep. He was up until 5:30am on his birthday. Dude likes to party.
Thankfully, we got to sleep in, but it still made it weird for me.
Last year, I started this birthday tradition for Noah, where I blow up a bunch of balloons and cover his bedroom floor with them. And frankly, it felt weird doing this at 12 o'clock in the afternoon. But whatever. He still was happy to wake up to them.
I wish I could take credit for the idea. But as one of my friends said the other day, I don't think I've had an original idea for months, thanks to Pinterest.
I have been frantically painting our kitchen for the last couple of weeks. Since Brad had to work, he wasn't able to help me much. We started this project back in April, I think. And because I'm a procrastinator, it didn't get finished until the day before the party. What can I say? I work better under pressure. So the first few hours of Noah's actual birthday was spent painting.
However, we made it a point to stop by a certain time to spend some decent time celebrating with our little guy.
We decided to go on and give him his gifts from us, and he ended up completely surprising me. For the first time in his little life, he opened his gifts! He hasn't gotten the concept until now, so to see him get excited about his presents? It honestly made my day.
After presents, that's when we ran down to grab a few "official" photos of him at the train.
That night, we went to dinner with his Granny and Granddad. Noah was exhausted from having a rough night, so I didn't get any great pictures there.
***
We had his little friend party on Wednesday. Brad has to work this weekend, and frankly, summer weekends seem to get busy for people. Turns out, most of our friends preferred the weeknight.
Brad actually got called to go out of town, so we almost didn't have Noah's party. Thankfully, it worked out, but not without plenty of stressing on my end. :)
We started out at Monkey Joe's, where our friends Kara, Eden, and Kadence met us.
For some reason, Noah was afraid to go down the slides by himself this time. He climbed to the top, and all these kids were waiting for him to go. He just sat there, waiting for kids to go around him. lol. We tried telling the girls behind him to nudge him, but they were too sweet and wouldn't do it.
Brad finally had to climb up there and help him.
He's so cute. I mean, I may be a little biased. But there are days when I just can't get over how adorable he is.
Noah's friend Kadence was a little nervous about the slides too. So it turned into a group effort getting them to go down. haha.
We decided to save some money and just have the rest of the party back at the house. Plus I like to decorate. This year, I went with the Thomas theme, for obvious reasons. :)
(it had just rained, so the tape wouldn't stick very well.)
My dad was sweet enough to provide the BBQ. We had already planned on having Bar-B-"Choo" sandwiches, and he had a bunch frozen that he let us use.
Noah has officially aged out of his Early Intervention program. While it's good, because it means we get services for free through the school system, it makes us really sad to say goodbye to people who have cheered him on for the last year.
His EI coordinator, Aimee, came to his birthday, even though she had an early morning the next day. I cannot recommend her enough. She has been so sweet to Noah and admits that he's one of her favorites. The good news is that she lives like 10 minutes away from us, so we plan to still get together and update her on Noah's progress.
My brother Harrison also still remains a favorite of Noah's. They were only 3 days away from sharing a birthday. His birthday was Thursday.
Noah got some great gifts, including a Thomas wooden railway set from my dad and stepmom. He hasn't stopped playing with it yet!
I think it's safe to say he had one of the best birthdays to date.
He had lots of fun, good friends to spend it with, and family there to love on him.






























1 comment:
You did such a great job decorating!! So cute! I can't believe Noah is 3!!
Post a Comment