- it's only 6 o'clock and I'm already in my pj's.
- my blog header still says "summer 2012".
- my kid found the most expensive Hallmark ornament to become obsessed with, pushing the button over and over and over in the store for a solid half hour.
And so what if we're now actually tempted to buy it for him this year. Hey, other kids are able to tell their parents what they want. That doesn't happen for us. So instead of asking him what he wants for Christmas, we sit around and wait for him to go crazy over something.
- I have no idea what to do for my birthday next month.
- Noah just may be addicted to Starbucks. He actually took Brad's hand and led him to the standalone Starbucks at the mall, asking for some pumpkin bread. I'd be more embarrassed if it weren't so cute.
- instead of cleaning my messy house, I ran away and met a friend at the mall.
- I'm avoiding potty training like the plague. The idea of trying to potty train a nonverbal, autistic little boy overwhelms the crap outta me. I keep telling myself he just turned three, that I have plenty of time. I can only use that excuse for so long, y'know...
- I'm almost 30 and finally realizing that I don't need to hang on to every.little.thing. A little purging project is happening over here. Because I'm pretty sure we don't need 10 phone chargers for phones that we don't even own anymore. Oh wait, yes we do. We just don't use them. I think I have a hoarding problem.


3 comments:
Potty training can be tricky with kids with autism because of their sensory issues. So take your time. ;)
And? You and my husband and your phone chargers would get along. He's totally an almost-hoarder.
For Henry it worked to "show him" how to pee in the potty. Rich and Grandpa took turns "showing him" and then one day he did it!! Henry is still pooping in a pull-up at night before he goes to bed.
Good luck - it will happen eventually!
Oh God, we are starting to think about potty training too. How on earth to I do it with a kid who can't stand??
Can't we just pretend they can wear diapers forever?
Post a Comment