Thanks for all the sweet congratulatory emails, texts, comments, etc. We're feeling really blessed and excited about it all.
Our plans of when to have another baby weren't really set in stone. I just knew that I'd know when I was ready. And somewhere in the last year, I went from being all, "Oh, cute baby" when I'd see a friend's newborn to, "OMG soooo cuuttte... I want one!" But I kept holding out. I was thinking maybe it was a phase. However, once I started getting all emotional over teeny-tiny baby shoes on Pinterest pics, I just knew. This phase wasn't ending anytime soon. And Brad was cool with whatever I decided.
Last time, Brad and I both found out together. It was special, but this time, I wanted to have a chance to tell him. My original plan was to buy a "Big Brother" shirt for Noah to wear around the house and wait for Brad to notice. haha. But I couldn't find one ANYWHERE! I swear I went to like 5 stores and nobody had one. And I really didn't want to order one and have to wait even longer to tell him. So instead, I grabbed a cute, gender neutral onesie, wrapped it in a gift bag, and gave it to him. Leading up to it, I explained that I knew he'd been stressed out a lot lately, so I wanted to get him a present to cheer him up. It took a few minutes for it to sink in. The longest few minutes of my life.
Once he realized though? All smiles.
And here we are! :)
The only concern Brad really had was the prospect of twins. Boy-girl sets run on my side of the family (and skip a generation; it's my generation's turn), so he was all prepared to freak out in the ultrasound room. But we just have one little bean. Or peanut. Whichever you prefer.
We got to hear the heartbeat, which was amazing of course. I kept going back and forth on when to tell everyone. But I didn't want to wait. I've been feeling pretty icky for the last few weeks, and I hate pretending like I'm A-okay all of the time. Plus I'm a terrible liar.
So we dropped by each of the parents houses, all three sets, in one night. We told each of them that we'd gotten family pictures done and wanted to show them. Except we handed them the ultrasound picture. :) Everyone was shocked and super excited. Actually, somehow my mom already knew. We share this kind of talent for knowing when people are pregnant already. It's weird.
And over my birthday weekend, we shared with close friends and family. Well, I shared with close friends and family. I assumed Brad would mention something to his brother and sisters, best buds, etc. But no. Most of his side found out through Facebook. Sorry to those people. Next time, I promise to handle all of the announcements to both sides. lol.
Anyway, this probably explains a little more why I was in such a funk for the last few weeks. I've been so blah lately, and all my brain wanted to do was sleep. Oh, and weirdest pregnancy issue ever.... editing my photography work made me nauseous. I have no idea what the correlation was, but that has to be the weirdest pregnancy symptom ever.
For the most part, I'm doing okay. I tend to spend the first half of our day in my pj's, avoiding certain food (Brad had canned tuna for lunch yesterday... blech), and trying to ignore the bad-for-me cravings. I think the worst so far was the fried catfish and Southern style grits when we were in Kiawah. Pretty sure I gained like 3 lbs just from that one meal. Ridiculous.
I got a little bit of birthday money, though, so I plan to get a heart rate monitor. That way I can continue to do decent workouts without hurting myself or the baby. If anyone has any recommendations on one, I'm all ears. I don't want to spend too much. I don't need anything super fancy. Just one that can tell me where I'm at, so I don't overdo it.
Anyways, thanks again for sharing the excitement with us!
Oh, and fyi, I'll do my best to keep the pregnancy whining to a minimum. But just so you know, I'm not one of those pretty, glowy, barefoot-in-the-sand type pregnant girls. At least I wasn't last time. Just thought I'd give you fair warning. ;)

5 comments:
Yay for a new baby! Congratulations on your happy news! I am so happy for you :-)
Yay details!! Is preeclampsia a every pregnancy issue now since it happened with Noah? But at least you know what to look for and when things aren't going ok towards the end! My friend just got admitted into the hospital at 34 wks cause of preeclampsia so they are keeping her as long as they can and then induce sometime after 37 wks. No fun at all!
You planned the pregnancy perfectly to not be pregnant in the summer!!! That is my goal next time. We apparently get baby fever during the winter months so I need to hold out until it is more convenient for me!! Lol I vow to never be preg in the summer!!!
Ps we need to figure out thanksgiving pics. I'm thinking maybe on Saturday? Get all th thanksgiving craziness out of the way and do it Saturday? Thoughts? I'll FB you.
I highly doubt that you are not a glowy pretty barefoot in the sand preggo lady. It would be impossible!
Oh congratulations! How exciting! Lily can take the blame for your baby fever ramping into high gear. ;)
Yay! Congratulations!! I haven't commented in a while but this news is too good to stay quiet! I just had my 2nd; they are almost 21 months apart and so far so good. Such an exciting time :)
P.S. We also thought we were having twins this time and had to wait forever (a few weeks) for an ultrasound to confirm it was just one baby- a beautiful baby girl! Will you be finding out the gender?
Post a Comment