For the last few weeks, I've become obsessed with popcorn. I eat it almost every day. For those of you who have done Weight Watchers before, you know that plain air-popped popcorn is zero points. So when I'm wanting a snack, that's what I go to. To give it some flavor, I spray a little butter flavored PAM on it (sounds gross, but I promise it's good... zero calories? Yes please) and sprinkle a little kosher salt. Voila. So good and guilt-free.
***
Noah was sick with a tummy bug for most of last week. That's my least favorite kind of sick. And my poor kid is terrified of puking. Combine the sickness with sensory issues, and you've got one fun recipe for a freaked out kid.
***
At the beginning of December, I shot my second wedding. I did it for my cousin as a gift, so it took a ton of pressure off me. I just showed up and did my thing. No list of must-have shots, no crazy time frame to follow... they're really laid back. And honestly? That fact alone made me relax and just have some fun with it. They are so cute together.
I don't normally say a whole lot about my photography business and website on here. I'd rather keep it personal and not do the whole "HIRE ME!" thing on every other post. But if you're interested in seeing the pictures, click on over to the blog portion of my website. There are also a few pictures from a newborn shoot I did. She was so precious.
Anyway, one of the reasons I'm mentioning this is to give a little advice. If you decide to hire a professional photographer for any reason (family, newborn, wedding, etc), pick one because you love their style. Yes, price often plays a role. But that shouldn't be your #1 reason. Pick a photographer because you're drawn to their work. And when you hire them, put your trust in them. Realize that you hired them for a reason, and this isn't their first shoot. It's fine to give them a few ideas of pictures you like, but when it comes down to it, the shoot will come out a million times better if you just let them do their thing. My favorite sessions have been the ones where the clients relax and trust that I'm going to do a good job.
***
We have mice again. Not in the house, thank you Jesus. Just in the garage. They love the dog food, and our pups have this wonderful habit of turning over their bowls on purpose.
Apparently, one of our neighbors must have gotten pest control, because these mice just move around the neighborhood in waves. The worst part is that I don't like having to kill them. It makes me sad. Unlike water beetles or termites, mice are kind of cute. So I was researching ways to keep them away, so we can avoid killing them. Turns out they hate peppermint. I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby soon to get some peppermint oil. I have some candy canes left from Christmas, but I have a feeling the dogs will just eat them.
I swear, Disney has ruined me for life. All I can think about is Gus Gus or how we might be killing somebody's mommy.
***
And in case you were wondering what we've been up to lately besides mice, photography, and tummy bugs...
Playtime at the local kids museum...
I think people wonder why I don't ever invite friends for play dates there. Because for me, they don't work. Noah is all over the place, and I never actually get to talk to anyone. However, he did keep coming back to the water table. He is obsessed with those buckets.
Playtime outside...
Playtime on the iPad.
With a rare video appearance. Noah is sitting on our love seat with no cushion, because he spends the majority of his day jumping off the arms of the couches and onto the cushions. And the whole sight makes me smile.
Anyway, it took a while to get him to use the blablabla app. It helps promote speech. But within the last couple of weeks, he's fallen in love with it. But instead of just "talking" to it? This is what he does:
Cracks me up.
Happy Thursday!




2 comments:
I can't watch the video but I will tonight.
We have mice SO BAD IN OUR HOUSE. Rich catches them and releases them a block away. We can't kill them either but we have a bad problem. Like one was in our pantry in a tupperware container. How the heck did it get in there? And Rich has seen them walking across the couch, etc. It's so disgusting. I'm going to get peppermint oil!! Or a cat!!
That video is hilarious. Hearing ( I'm assuming) duck dynasty in the video completes it.
Post a Comment