Last night, Noah fell asleep around 10:30. We don't really have much of a "schedule" when it comes to Noah's bed time. Everytime I try to make one, he's all, "Schedule? What schedule?" and proceeds to prove to me, yet again, that I don't have much control over that part. But thankfully, he's been sleeping for long periods of time again. So if we're not going to bed till 2am, but we still get to sleep for 8 hours? Heck, I'll take it.
Anyway, I thought we were headed for normalville last night. Y'know, where kids go to bed before midnight? HAHAHA.
Poor kid wet himself, which woke him up at 1am.
He didn't go back to sleep until somewhere around 5am.
Someone want to just hook me up to a caffiene IV?
This boy. I love him to death, but geez. Motherhood is not for pansies, that's for sure.
He's lucky he's cute.

(source not found... apparently, the etsy shop this was on closed)
***
It cracks me up that teenage girls are crushing hard on actors my age (like Joseph Gordon-Levitt). I'm starting to realize how funny it must've been to older women when I was 15 and had a crush on Johnny Depp (of course, who can blame me... it's Johnny Depp).
One girl was all, "Did you ever see 10 Things I Hate About You?" Yeah, they were like 2 when that came out. So they're all, "He was sooooo cuuuuute". And I'm sitting here thinking, "Really? I remember me and my friends were all swooning over Heath Ledger. Y'know, the tall, hot, mysterious, manly-man kind of guy?"
Not that Joseph Gordon-Levitt wasn't cute then. But he was no Heath Ledger.
***
My photography business is starting to make me all panicky. I'm hearing nothing but crickets. Thankfully, most of my other photog friends (who are much more talented than me) aren't getting much traffic either.
It's cold and dreary, so it should be expected. I gave my name out for a few referrals, and only got one nibble. It's still my first year being in the business, and I have to remember this happens to everyone. But man, this waiting around stuff is for the birds.
I'm trying to make the most of it and use this time to learn. But still. Nobody wants to feel like they're getting passed over because they're no good. I'm just thankful I have lots of friends in the biz now, because I know they deal with the same exact issues and self-worth feelings.
So even if I'm not all smiles and sunshine about it at the moment, at least I know I'm not alone.
2 comments:
I agree on the Heath vs JGL back then, Heath all the way.
And what is up with kiddos not sleeping? We try to put Quinn to sleep every night between 8:30 and 9 and while she usually does fall asleep, she winds up in our bed within an hour or two. Sometimes she'll sleep to 8 some days and some days she'll toss and turn all night. I don't get it.
Kids sleep routines suck!!
I don't know if it helps, but i'm currently too afraid to even start my own business so i'm in envy of you just for putting yourself out there!! Just wait til the weather warms and people come out of hibernation!! Have you thought of creating some discount vouchers or even a giveaway to get a bit more attention before the weather warms up?? (Do people even do that??)
Post a Comment