Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day


As always, we had a really low-key Valentine's Day. In fact, I didn't even get around to decorating for it. I like the idea of the cute pink/red paper banners and filling vases with conversation hearts. But I'm also in the middle of painting our loft (what may break the record for slowest-paint-job-EVER). Frankly, I just wasn't in the mood to bother, especially since I'm the only one in this house who would even care.
We never go out on Valentine's Day, because everything is overly packed. Traffic is terrible, the wait is endless, and the "special Valentine's menu" is usually overpriced. I really didn't think we'd be doing anything, but my husband is a smart guy. And he knows that even if I say I don't care about Valentine's Day, I also don't want to be the only wife in America who didn't get anything special. So he ended up fixing me a cute fondue-for-two dinner last night. It was really sweet, and I ate too much. But at least it was food like salmon that I ate too much of, right?


Noah loves his Special Ed teacher at the public school. I'm still not too sure what her role in his therapy is, but I don't even care. He adores that lady, and she told us that she looks forward to Thursday every week, because she gets to see Noah. And that, my friends, is the sign of a good therapist. Anyway, in therapy yesterday, they made a Valentine's craft for me. I think it was my favorite part of the whole day.

He's shy about his crafting skills, so it's hard to get him to hold his projects for me... hence the blurry picture.
 
Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day!
And even if you didn't, I guess take solace in the fact that it's over now, chocolate will be discounted, and it's Friday!!
 
Have a great weekend!


No comments: