Noah has this thing with candles. Actually, it's more like he has a thing for candle wax. I have to keep all candles above his reach, otherwise he runs off with it and proceeds to pick at the wax. Little tiny blobs of candle wax all over the floor. Ever tried to vacuum candle wax? It doesn't work. And I know when he's found one, because I'll suddenly get a really strong wift of "Winter" coming from his room. I mean... at least he smells good.
Like Christmas.
Silver lining.
***
Bath time is Noah's favorite. Always has been. The other night, Brad and I were talking in our room, while Noah was playing in the tub. We were within eye sight, like 5 ft away. I stop mid-sentence at the sound I just heard coming from the bathroom. Water splatting on a dry floor. Yes. Little Man decided to take his cup (that we use to rinse his hair) and pour water ALL OVER THE FLOOR. We're not talking about a little bit either. It was like he dumped the entire contents of the bath tub onto the floor. I grabbed all the towels we own, while Brad ran downstairs to make sure it didn't leak into the ceiling.
It did.
It was raining out of our vent, onto our dining room floor, for a good 10 minutes.
Good times.
***
Noah loves theme songs. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the theme song to Arthur, Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, etc (on the iPad). Over and over.
However, if you want a good idea of Noah's personality? Go watch the opening to Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. I swear that entire song wraps up who he is and how he thinks. It's adorable, and it makes him happy.
***
Noah likes to play in my makeup drawer. He doesn't actually apply any of the makeup on. Instead, he takes all the items he thinks are cool looking. Things like my eyelash curler, big brush, tweezers.
My eyelash curler has been missing for over a week now.
Stinker.
***
We got a knock on our door the other day from a surveyor. Apparently, the people located diagonally behind us are selling their house. The surveyor informed Brad that our fence was a foot over the property line. The stupid part about this is that our HOA sent someone out to check this exact issue before we built it. Turns out the guy wasn't a professional. The surveyor wasn't being a butt about it. I mean, the people selling their house have a fence up already, so we're not really intruding on their yard. He just wanted to let us know. Brad had him mark our yard, and he's been working on moving the back wall ever since.
Since our electric fence is down, and the back wall to our fence is down, this leaves me in a tad bit of a predicament with the dogs. I can't take them on walks, not with Noah. Brad works 14 hour shifts, and we see him for maybe an hour a day. So it's not like there's much time for him to either.
Flash (the Lab) isn't fixed. Dodger (the Golden) is. Logically, you'd think we'd have to worry about Flash running off, right? Wrong. Dodger has wandered out of our yard like 4 times already. He's a sneaky thing. I watch them from the window when I let them out. I turn away for 30 seconds and the dog disappears. Drives me bananas.
I always know when he's run off, because Flash is the biggest tattletail. He comes up to the back door, pointing in a certain direction and looking all worried. I swear he's the smartest dog ever.
The plus side is that Dodger always comes back. I caught him twice, and he was just wandering around the neighbors' yards, visiting doggy friends. The other times happened at night before I went to bed, and I couldn't leave Noah to go searching for him (also, he's impossible to find at night...).
I'm so looking forward to having our fence back.
4 comments:
Oh Hailey. What Noah did at bath time? My kids have been doing that for the last year. I'm sometimes making dinner while they are in the tub. It's 6 feet away and I can hear them playing, laughing. We have had to MOP the floor and use 2-3 towels to clean it up.
The worst is when Henry left the water running in the sink, in the bathroom off his bedroom. We didn't know it until the next morning when his room was flooded. We had to replace the carpet! This happened a month ago. Naughty boys~!
Henry & Keira LOVE Daniel Tiger's Neighorhood. Henry loves theme songs and commercials too. :-)
Um, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is THE best show out there! I like it as much as my boy- or more ;)
Fourteen hour shifts- ouch! I'm sure the last thing he wants to do after work is worry about a fence. Yikes!
Hey, just found your blog via Wranglingchaos, LOVE IT!! Looking forward to reading more! :)
My daughter loves the theme songs too! Especially on that dang PBS app. She loves Electric Company and Sid especially. But she also loves all of my husband's stupid cartoon theme songs (Family Guy, et al). Drives me crazy.
Post a Comment