A couple of weeks ago, Brad was contacted by a recruiter from Amazon Corporate (not the distribution side). Apparently they're looking for someone who does his exact job... in Seattle. When he first told me, I of course laughed and was like, "We're not going to Seattle..." I figured it wouldn't hurt to do the interviews, because no way was this happening.
Well, he's officially in the final round of interviewing. They'll be flying him out to Seattle in a couple weeks to interview in person. I'm both incredibly excited and heartbroken. We broke the news to my parents first, because we knew they would need time to process. Last weekend, we went to see Mammaw and Granddaddy and tell them. They of course don't want to see us go. It was so cute, when we told them, Granddaddy said he'd read an article about the best places to retire. Alaska was at the top, then Florida, and South Carolina. He flipped through the magazine and found it. He looked and declared that Washington was number 50. Lol!
We told them our reasoning for considering it. That Noah will be with us for the rest of our lives, and while we don't see him as a burden, we do need to be financially prepared. In the event that something happens to either of us, and he has to live with another family member, we want to make sure they're financially taken care of. This could be the possibility if we stay with Amazon for 3-5 years. So this doesn't have to be a forever move, just a right now move. As we were telling them goodbye, the image of them standing there will forever be burned in my memory. Granddaddy told us, "Above all else, you have to do what's best for your family. Don't let us be a part of that. We'll be alright." Mammaw agreed and said, "We'll just be praying for God's will to be done." I told her that was the part that scares me. Lol. Later that night, I was in the bathroom with Brad while he was in the shower, discussing my business and how we'd start things back up there. All I could hear were Granddaddy's words. I walked out and burst into tears. I know there's a possibility I may not see him again if we move. Praise God for heaven, because there would be no consoling me otherwise. But he's right. That's the part I can't argue with. They both are. Brad didn't go seeking this out, it came to him. I already know someone, a former client, who lives in that area. Her oldest even has autism. If Brad gets this job, we're going. It'll clearly be a God thing. But I'm really going to miss home. I was prepared to stay here forever. I was happy and comfortable. We were finally where we wanted to be in life. But sometimes God calls us out of our comfort. No way am I going to miss out on whatever He has planned for us.
My mom is sad but agrees with us. My dad is taking it the hardest I think. He's really going to miss us, and we're going to miss him. We're going to go from seeing him at least four times a month to maybe four times a year.
It's going to be hard. But it'll also be a fun adventure. It'll be fun to start over in a new city with Brad. No obligations, no family pressures. Just us.
No comments:
Post a Comment