Tuesday, October 21, 2008

fall is my favorite season

The last couple of weeks have been filled with fall-type stuff, which is always my favorite. It means holidays, my birthday, football, chilly weather, hot chocolate...


We went to the Mint Hill Corn Maze a couple weekends ago with Ryan and Meagan. We made a pit stop by a cotton field, because Meagan had never seen one before and also b/c it's always fun to pick some cotton.


Then we headed on over to the corn maze. It was actually pretty easy, especially with me and Meagan leading the way. :)

Then last weekend we had my birthday party. We carved pumpkins, played games, then went out to Brio Tuscan Grill for dinner. I love that place, mainly because of the atmosphere. I felt a little sad for Ryan because he was really looking forward to his dinner, and apparantly the chef thought he didn't look very hungry because he didn't get very much. Poor Ryan. Don't worry, we gave him cake.








Most people usually just celebrate their birthdays once or twice around the actual date. My birthday always seems to last at least a week every year. On Sunday, my dad's side celebrated my birthday at my grandparents' house (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). We usually celebrate birthdays once a month there. My cousin Nathan usually celebrates his with me every year, because our birthdays are only 4 days apart. This year he decided college was more important, so this was the first time in like 20 years that I celebrated my birthday alone there. It honestly was a little weird. It's still always fun to spend time with the family though. My dad got me a completely chocolate cake, which I only like if it's good chocolate. Not the weird fake tasting kind. He obviously knows what I like. :)





I still have 2 more parties to go. Tomorrow night, the ladies I work with are taking me out to the Brick House for dinner. Then Thursday night, we're celebrating at my mom's house. Like I said, it usually lasts a week.
Last night, I got to open my gifts from Brad. He gave me a dark brown colored bedskirt (I know, don't get too excited). I've really wanted one ever since we got our bed, because it drives me crazy that you can see underneath the bed. He had to special order it. He's so sweet. He also got me the Wii Fit game!! It's so cool! It measures your BMI, posture, tracks your progress... it's incredible! So much fun. Then he took me out to Maggiano's (sp?) for dinner. We'd never been there before and we'd heard it was pretty good. It was. :)
We ended the night with some Jon and Kate Plus 8 and hot chocolate. My birthday has been pretty close to perfect! :)

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

WE HAD SOOOO MUCH FUN!

Poor Ryan! Ha i thought it was pretty funny seeing the expression on his face when his plate of food came!

And I still think your pumpkin is the cutest! Now go and buy something fun at the GAP!