One of my friends that I graduated high school with is pregnant too. She's actually 6 weeks behind me, and we've been going back and forth with our pregnancy stories, complaints, and excitements. She had her baby shower today, and it was so fun to see her (along with other old friends). It's been nice having a pregnant friend go through all of this right along with me. It makes you feel like less of a freak of nature, and all of your symptoms, worries, etc seem more normal. Like she said, "I am NOT one of those women who walks around angelically rubbing her belly saying she can't think of anything better than being barefoot and pregnant..I feel like an absolute whale" haha As you can see, she is NOT a whale. Everyone at the shower, who has kept up with Anna and I, knew that we've been feeling huge, and they all reassured us that we look wonderful. Anna and I decided that if people would just keep their mouths shut, I doubt we'd ever have felt so self-concious through this whole thing. :) Only a few more weeks left to go! Love you, Anna!

Also, just for the record, here's a belly shot of me at 36 weeks. It's official! I'm 9 months prego!!
2 comments:
Hailey! You are seriously so beautiful!!!
Isn't it disgusting that really we are pregnant for 10 months and not 9!??? They say it like they can fool us!!! BAHHH!
When I was pregnant with my twins, I joined a listserv for women whose babies were due in January 1997. I don't communicate with them as much as I once did, but they were a great comfort to me for several years. It is nice to have people who are willing to listen to you whine because they are going through the same things!
Post a Comment