Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lots of Changes

Tomorrow is officially my last day as a Jewel Boxer. It's SO weird and kind of sad. I started there when I was 21, so I've been through a lot of growing during that time. I made lots of good friends (some of whom were in my wedding), and it's going to be so weird saying goodbye to all of that. When I started, I could barely untangle a chain. Now, I can make my own jewelry if I want. Heck, give me the equipment, and I'll engrave it. While working at the JB wasn't always great, I can say I learned a lot. I learned how to come out of my shell some, how to work as a team, and that many people take life way too seriously. I mean, really, if the worst thing going on in your life is that your engraved piece didn't come in on time, I'd say you're doing pretty darn good. Anyways, while I won't be getting to talk to some of my favorite people everyday anymore, I do know that tomorrow means....

No more bridal orders, no more buying in, no more rush orders, no more handling mean customers... lots of positives! :)

So anyways, here's to the Jewel Box! I'm gonna miss you (but not enough to stay)! :)








Another change we're going through is obviously Brad's job. So far, it's going well. He's still finishing up his first week at it, but I think it'll be fine.

Our cars are dying. Well, at least mine seems to be. My Honda's A/C went out a few weeks ago (so Brad gave me his car to drive), and now he thinks I need new engine belts (??). His car is still working fine, however he has a big crack in the windshield. We would just get our insurance to pay for it, but it turns out the deductible is higher than what it would cost for us to get it fixed. So obviously, with all of the other expenses (Dr's bills, Noah's nursery, etc), the cars are suffering. Right now, we're weighing our options... would it be cheaper just to buy a new car? Or just get the Honda fixed?

I'm officially full term now!! So if I had Noah tonight, he would be a perfectly healthy baby. I went to the Dr today, and without giving TMI, we'll just say I'm well on my way to having him before too long. So big yay for that! I told my Dr today that I think the last 3 weeks is God's way of getting women to the point of "Do whatever you have to, just get this baby out!". All of a sudden, the idea of labor isn't so horrifying anymore. My pregnancy has been pretty easy compared to alot of my friends'. No morning sickness, no migraines, no major hip pain, etc. It's only been within the last couple of weeks that I'm getting noticeably uncomfortable. Noah is now "in position", which means he's putting alot of pressure on my back and consequently, causing lots of pain! He's hitting that sciatic nerve you hear so much about, and last night, I thought I was going to have to crawl to the bathroom my back, hips, and leg were hurting so bad. My poor dogs looked a little nervous for me. :) He's also decided that he's running out of room, so he likes to elbow me. At least, I think it's an elbow.
I'll be sitting, watching TV or whatever, then all of a sudden feel a very sharp jab at my tummy and there's a poky elbow on my side. I'm sure he has adorable elbows, however, this is not appropriate behavior. :)
Lastly, my feet and legs look like something that you'd find in a National Geographic magazine... you know those people with that elephantitus disease where their feet are huge? Yeah, that's me. Brad says the only way he knows I'm me is by my face now. haha My lower half feels like it weighs 100 lbs, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did. The only cure is to keep them elevated for at least 2 days. I also stopped wearing my wedding rings about a month or two ago.
So now people see me get out of my beat up red car, extremely pregnant, and no wedding rings and Lord only knows what they're thinking. Fortunately for me, work is now done, and I can go hide for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I LOVE the Jewel Box!!! I am definitely hitting that up when we get to NC. I need something to replace my wedding ring since the heat has turned my fingers chubby!!!! So sad.

Dani In NC said...

We had a little mishap with our wedding rings; one of them got lost and since we both wear the same ring size, ABM swears that I lost my ring so he took the remaining ring :-P. I don't care about wearing a ring most of the time, but during one of my pregnancies I made him buy me a cheap $20 band. I got tired of going into the grocery store and getting THAT look from the cashiers :-).

Reminisce said...

:)
Hang in there girl!
I got hypertension with Jeremy and my feet looked like they belonged to someone who weighed 400 pounds. Doug swears if he would have poked them with a toothpick SOMETHING would have come squirting out of them (maybe air?!).
I also had to stop wearing my rings. And we were in grad school. Walking around a college campus HUGE with no wedding rings on. Now that gets some stares too! I took my rings and started wearing them on a chain around my neck. It made me feel better. :)
Let us know if you need someone to feed Flash and Dodger when you go to the hospital! We can't wait to meet Noah!