Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Home Away from Home

Like my friend Meagan said, once you upgrade to the "every 2 week" status, you start to feel like you live at that Dr's office. :)

Today we met with our Dr again, and everything still looks fine. I told her how I broke down and took some Tylenol last night for my back pain. She laughed and said to Brad, "She's 38 weeks and just now broke down and took some Tylenol?" She looked at the swelling I'm still having, and she asked if I had kept my feet up now that I stopped working.

Brad totally tattled on me!

Ok, so I stayed off of them for a good couple of days, however, something spilled on our kitchen floor and it was sticky. The downstairs had not been vacuumed in a couple of days, and I'm sorry, but with 2 dogs and Brad, you can't just not vacuum. So yes, I cheated and did a few chores. But I don't care, because I feel SO much better knowing I have clean floors. Don't ask. I think it's hereditary. Anyways, he totally ratted me out to the Dr, so now I've been assigned to stay off my feet. Of course, I turned it around and told her how if Brad doesn't do it, then I don't have a choice. So there. :)

Anyways, back to baby news...

She asked me if the swelling ever hurt, and I said only once last week. She's not too worried though, because my blood pressure has been perfect throughout the entire pregnancy.

Noah measured at around 37 1/2 inches, so he's slowed down on the growth chart some. Hey, sounds good to me. I'd rather not have a 10 lb baby, thank you very much.

She did inform me that now that I'm passed 38 weeks, if I get to the point where I'm so uncomfortable I can't stand it anymore, it's ok to induce now. She obviously doesn't like to, especially for first timers, but she wanted to make sure I knew it was an option. As for now, I'm waiting, since things still seem to be moving along at a good pace. She also told me I'm not allowed to go into labor this weekend, because she has a funeral to go to, and she'll be really disappointed if she's not the one that gets to deliver Noah. We feel the same way. She's a great Dr, and I'd feel more comfortable with her since she's been with us from day 1. So Noah just has to hold tight through the weekend. :)

So as of now, I'm stuck on the couch with my feet up. Not a bad deal, I guess, but it's not easy for me. I can't stand just sitting, knowing there are things that need to get done.

Flash and Dodger need to learn how to earn their keep. Maybe I'll stick some rags on their tails and have them dust for me.

No comments: