Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Perfect Timing

For me to quit my job, that is...

Yes, I have more pregnancy complaints. You would think it would end, but I have a feeling it's just going to keep going for the next couple of weeks.

My new ailment?? Sciatic nerve pain. Yes, Noah has decided that it's more comfy to hang out on my lower back, which in turn has caused a crazy amount of pain. I was able to ignore it for awhile, but now it's getting a little ridiculous.

Here's my dilemma:

If I sit with my feet elevated in an effort to keep the swelling down, my back starts to hurt. If I sit to where my back is slightly comfortable, my feet and ankles swell. Also, exercise is now out of the question. I tried going to Target with Brad over the weekend, and I really overdid it. I had to lean on the cart to help me walk, and I found myself wishing someone would just give me an epidural now. :) Brad has been so sweet trying to keep me comfortable, but I think he's feeling a little helpless now. He bought me some Tylenol today. I don't want to take it unless I just can't take the pain anymore. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so I've been trying to just deal with it. However, I might have to take at least one in order to walk from the parking deck to the Dr's office tomorrow. :)

I think the most frustrating part about this whole thing isn't necessarily the pain; it's the fact that I can't do normal everyday things anymore. I want to go for walks, and I want to be able to clean the house. Unfortunately, that's difficult to do when it hurts to stand. In an effort to relieve some of the pain, I thought I'd try my pregnancy yoga this morning... not a great idea.

I'm also feeling a little bit like a freak show. Everyone has some comment to make about me, how I'm feeling, how I'm looking, etc. If I'm vacuuming, it's not because I'm "nesting", it's because the floor is dirty. We have 2 dogs. It gets dirty. Everyone wants to see what I look like. I look big, swollen, and pregnant. And fyi, I'm in hiding until Noah comes.

Ok, I'm done griping. On to the postives:

My mom, stepdad, and little sister are coming over this weekend to help out around the house. My mom knows how I like things to be, and as hard as Brad may try, his standard of cleaning just doesn't always cut it. I try not to give him a hard time about it, though. He means well. So anyway, my mom and Madison will be helping me out inside (dusting, vacuuming behind furniture, cleaning baseboards, etc) and Art will be helping Brad outside (ie. painting the trim, pressure washing the house). Basically, they just want to help with things that we just can't get done on our own. Brad's work schedule is crazy right now, and you don't need an explanation for me. :)

I'm counting down by days!! Once Noah comes, all of this is over. No more back pain (I hope). I can start watching the #'s on the scale go DOWN, not up. My shoes will fit, and I'll be able to see my legs, ankles, and feet again (seriously, you can press your finger in my leg, and it'll stay that way... so weird). I'll be able to go clothes shopping! I'm going to get my hair done, my nails done, and spend some time feeling pretty again. I know all of it doesn't happen overnight, but the idea that it only goes up from here is very encouraging! Plus, I'll have a very cute little boy, my own mini-Brad. :)

Another positive is that Brad and I have gotten even closer through all of this. He's been very sweet and supportive and does his best to make me feel attractive, even when I don't feel it at all. What's interesting is that it's like his standard of beauty changes with whatever I look like. When I was flat chested with braces, he thought I was cute. When I was all skinny and in shape, he thought I was hot. And now that I'm huge and don't want anyone to see me like this, he honestly still thinks I'm really attractive. I think he's lost his mind.

Another Dr's appt tomorrow. I'll make sure to update with anything interesting.

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Girl, I have now upgraded to the every 2 week dr appts so now I feel like I LIVE THERE!

I am sooo sorry about your back pain!!! That is the absolute worse thing ever in pregnancy. Mine hasn't been too overwhelming that alittle TLC from Ryan and some Tylenol won't fix. Good luck and hang in there!

We get to NC this Saturday, so we will hopefully come over Sunday to see you before/if anything happens with Noah!