On that note, this week's FF is from 2001 I think. I was in college, Brad had just graduated high school, and we were still going to Kiawah together with my family every chance we got.
Even though Brad has had this week off, it still hasn't felt much like a vacation for me. I know it has for him, since he hasn't had to work. But me? I'm still doing the same things. Laundry still needs done. Dishes need washed. Baby needs food/daipers/attention. For a mom, there's no such thing as a real vacation... the kind where you sit in the sand, read a good book, listen to the ocean, and have no where to be and nothing to do.
That's what I've been craving lately.
This is what I've been craving:
Praise the Lord, my family is going again in August. I'm ready to get my toes in the sand!

3 comments:
I love you guys! I wish I lived a little closer to you! :)
when are we cooking together?!
We just got back from the beach with our 11 month old son. With diapers, dishes, sand-munching, and a load of laundry a day, it wasn't much of a vacation for me. I second your wish for the alone time with the hubby!
Moms DO get carefree vacations -- when their kids are old enough to be left with relatives. I just had one last year. You'll get yours in about 10 years :-).
Post a Comment