Friday, August 6, 2010

Flashback Friday: Someone's Birth Day

Today, my favorite little boy is celebrating his very first birthday!!

I don't have a lot of time to do a long post (I have a cake to bake!), but I had to do something to celebrate.

It really does seem like this year has f-l-o-w-n by... but if I think about it, we've been through a LOT. The first couple of months, non-stop, 24/7 screaming was the soundtrack playing in our home. It was ridiculous. He wouldn't go to bed until 5-6am. Finally, after the 2 month mark, though, we somehow got him on a schedule, and he wasn't as fussy anymore.
Then there was his first Halloween, Christmas, the helmet issues, winter, Kiawah/Charleston trip, Easter... you get it. We've packed a whole lot in a year. He really has been an amazing baby. He's always been so happy (minus the first 2 months), smiley, and sweet. He has a very tender heart and is friendly to just about everyone he meets.
I love, love, LOVE being able to watch him discover new things, explore his little world, and get himself into trouble. He will still "study" things, while making this soft, "Hmmm...." noise.

At this very moment, a year ago from today, I was NOT having much fun. But at 7:29pm, my whole world changed (whether I realized just how much or not), and he's been such a blessing. From his first smiles to his first steps, I've been more glued to watching him than my favorite Glee episodes. He's such a sweetheart, and I can't wait to see what the next year holds for him.

Happy Birthday Noah!!

sweet little Noah
(only about a half-hour old)

my little babydoll

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend, and I will definitely be back to update on all of his birthday happenings this weekend ASAP. :)

2 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Happy 1st Birthday Noah!! Wish we could be there to celebrate your big day!! Can't wait to meet you in a couple weeks!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Those baby pictures are just precious. I seriously got goosebumps. He was and is such a doll!!

I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating his big birthday!