Friday, August 27, 2010

New Project

I've always enjoyed artsy things. I used to draw ALL of the time when I was younger, and even on into college. But as life got crazier, the time to just sit and create quickly diminished into nothingness. I haven't actually picked up a pencil and drawn anything in a very long time.
But I've been bored with Noah's nursery. We couldn't afford all of the cute baby decor that I would've loved to have had for his room. So I worked with what we had. But for me, it just wasn't right.

So after a year has gone by, I decided to take matters into my own hands... literally.

I'm going to attempt to paint a mural. The theme in his room is classic Pooh, so I looked online to find some pictures to copy down. I don't trace, but I'm not very good at drawing things from my imagination. It just never looks right to me. But if I sit down and draw what I see, it turns out pretty good. This may take awhile, so don't get too excited yet. I'll post pictures as I'm going though.

This is what I've started on:


The tree is almost done, and then I have to find shelves. He has a couple of Classic Pooh books that I'd like to put up there, along with Owl. I also liked the birdhouse idea.

Anyway, like I said, I'll post pictures as I go, but so far, it's all in pencil and won't show up well on the camera yet. Wish me luck! I hope I'm not in over my head!!

4 comments:

Charbelle said...

This is so exciting, I'm looking forward to the pictures!!

Jess said...

I love artsy projects. Mine turn out well about 2/3 of the time, but that's because I'm not actually artistic. As in, I can't draw, paint, or sketch to save my life. So what I have in my head doesn't always translate well.

I can't wait to see what you've done!

Dani In NC said...

There must be something in the air. C2 has gone crazy doing portraits lately, and I have the urge to start knitting socks again. For me, I think part of it comes from the fact that it no longer feels like the seventh circle of Hell outside. I can't be crafty when I'm hot!

bashtree said...

Hey, that's really cool! Talk to Marcus, he might be able to make special shelves like that.